The Great Lock-down wagon project is proceeding at my usual glacial pace (if glacial, in today's climate, means retreating, cracking up and liable to cause a global disaster!).
I've added a, nearly finished, LBSCR open wagon, but I still can't get straight lines on the the painting which frustrates me.
I'm still part way through a Midland van, but I can't decide whether to build the chassis solid or fit suspension which will involve carving half the under-frame away first. What this space!... but not too frequently.
So my butterfly modelling brain has skipped to weathering and I've bought some weathering powders (hereto and forthwith referred to in this household as "model railway make-up"). Never having used them before I didn't want to practice on the new wagons and I remembered my brother (who from time to time sends me his model railway cast-offs (To be fair, three of the four kits I've built this summer have come from him)), had sent me some RTR wagons once. So here is my first attempt at weathering. I've gone for toning down the colours and a general dustiness, rather than overdoing it and I'm quite happy it won't stand out on a layout as too clean or too dirty.