I've just spent 10 minutes trying to find my Blog, there used to be a link found by ones name icon, but I can't find it now. Perhaps they're old hat and destined to vanish ?
Thought I'd add what I've been doing since lock-down, O.K it started before that.
With my mate Derek we made an inglenook shunting puzzle layout, always popular with club members and went out a few times without myself, or Derek present. It was
damaged and I then put my foot down at the end of last year saying it would never go out again without me being there.
There was then pressure for us to make a specific Club layout. It fell to me as the requirements are very exacting and it was supposed to be a club project. Just before lock-down I was presented with the 48" x 16" layout board.
I laid the track, tested, and sorted out the problem resulting from using Frog Juicers. In the very limited track the frog juicers were creating spikes that disturbed the locomotive decoders. I had to make up a small circuit to dampen out the spikes. Wasn't expecting that little problem !!
After 5 months it's almost finished, scenics as well, just tidying up now, although the list of minor jobs is longer than I'd expected before I began putting it on paper !!
Here we have a few pictures :-
The Headshunt end.
The sorting end
A rescued building from a 'late' club member, salvaged from a dismantled layout.
I wish I could do better signs, but 4 point type face is my printers limit and I can't do white on a black background that's readable.
Just before 12.00, waiting for the gates.
It's the driving that counts !!