Since, finishing the body on my LNER P2 2003, the locomotive was left to look like this:
A nice enough looking model, I am sure you will agree, however the one thing that disappointed me with my model was the wheels. I had hated the "HALO" wheels which my good friend Dan had called them. I must admit I was in the same boat as him. In addition to this the P2 was fitted with a former LNER A3 Tender, which had the lining on the frames. To add to this the P2 Chassis did not as it came from a Railroad model, and this had bugged me for some time.
Since finishing an O gauge Brass LNER J68, I thought it would be a unique opportunity to finally develop my skills even more, this involved replacing the wheels, re-instating the motor which came with the locomotive & replace the chassis. Nothing too overly complex then.
Following the complete re-chassis & re-instating the motor for the locomotive I tested it, the motor wasn't running at it's best so I thought I may need to put the replacement motor in place however following the P2's newly lined wheels arriving I was quick to fit them, in doing this I found the locomotive was running far better and smoother.
As an end result the locomotive looks and run's far better than it used too and I am very pleased with the result, the next job is to fit the Valve gear to the locomotive. Which I will do once the brass arrives.