So a wee update on the F104. Paint and transfers now mostly done. This took a lot longer than expected, but hopefully looks a bit better than the Airfix kits I used to knock together in a couple of hours.
Italian airforce markings have proved difficult to get hold of, the first set from ebay were old stock which fell apart when I tried to apply them. The second set have got lost in the post apparently...
Thanks for all the feedback on my previous post, I was surprised by the level of interest in what for many people must be an old jet with an iffy safety record that retired from frontline service a couple of decades ago.