This EFE bus was bought second hand for £10. Whilst being a reasonably accurate representation, the gloss finish looked hideous.
The first job was to dismantle it entirely. The model is held together with three rivets. The front two rivets were removed by melting the plastic heads with a soldering iron. The rear rivet was drilled out, taking care not to remove too much material as the platform would be damaged.
The interior seating was painted and hand painted Preiser figures added. I replaced the grab rail on the platform with 0.9mm brass wire, as the EFE rail was too large. I also fitted brass wire handrails to the platform entrance.
With the interior complete, I sprayed the body with Halfords Grey primer followed by Tamiya Matt Red for the exterior and Precision Paints Cream for the upper deck ceiling. Fox transfers and flush glazing to the front, costing an eye watering £30 were added. I also replaced the rear lower deck window with Perspex, as the EFE glazing spoiled the view of the platform. The final touch was the rear-view mirror (Plasticard, kitchen foil and brass wire) and front indicators (Plasticard). The only task left is some minor weathering.