I started a vicarage building using a kit from Scalescenes but I was not content with my choice. After some further research on the internet I found a floor plan of a vicarage building, dated 1928. I decided to use this plan as the start for my vicarage. Scratch building is totally new for my, so I have to see if I can manage the building of the vicarage. I also decided to give the building an interior.
The ground floor I created in a more traditional Victorian way using planks and rugs. Kitchen, scullery and larder with red quarry tiles and the hall with encaustic tiles. The pantry rooms with a simple brown tiles.
I started with internal wall. On one side of the wall is the entrance door to the study and the entrance door to the drawing room. Wall paper of the study is a texture from internet.
Next step was the wall between the study and the drawing room.
In a description for the study the following items were mentioned: (family) paintings. cast Iron grate, book case. Other items mentioned are a large hardwood desk with a leather top with matching chair. Also twin leather chairs at either side of the fireplace with a small table by the side on which to put drinks or in my case a newspaper.
For the club chairs I used the 1:48 kit from Petite Properties that I scaled down. The chairs got several layers of red leather paint. I also made a side table. This is made from some scrap material Petite Properties. The side table is painted with a brown paint from the Citadel range. On the side table is a newspaper. This comes from a kit from Scalescenes. The vicar is a repainted Preiser figure.
I made the writing table and the chair using a kit from Fine Scale Building. The furniture is build
from thin drawing paper. Although I accept the result for now I have to practice this kind of small modelling. I have not made frequently furniture in 1/76 from card and paper. But putting furniture in all rooms gives me a good opportunity to practice. I think I have to search for the right kind of card.
The third wall has an iron-cast fireplace with mantle-piece mirror and two bookcases at both sides of the chimney. Texture are from the internet. I designed the bookcase kit myself using the Scalescenes method.
The study is finished for now.
Next job is the drawing room.
Suggestions and comments are welcome.
Thanks for reading and keep safe.