Well it's been a long time coming, but I've finally completed building another coach! I finished the V9 back in November, so this one's construction has hardly been at a lightning pace The build follows more or less exactly the same methods as the V9, but with the added faff of having to detail the interior of the compartments. I used seat mouldings from Slater's Plastikard and plan to add some scratch built picture frames and mirrors along with a few Edwardian passengers, once the painting has been completed
Kit components 1
Kit components 2
I'm not sure how old the kit is, the brass was pretty heavily oxidised, but it all cleaned up without any problems using a fiberglass scratch brush.
Assembled Coach 1
Assembled Coach 2
A bit of fiddling was needed to get the ride height of the two coaches the same, but nothing a bit of judicious filling of the subframes containing the wheel sets wouldn't sort out!
Dia.V9 Passenger Brake Van and Dia. U9 Composite
Now that they are built I'm pleased with them and once painted they should look the part when combined with a couple of bogie clerestories. I'll ty and get the painting done over the next month or so, but life has a way of adding distractions to modelling plans!
Until next time
Edited by wenlock