As this is a model railway, I need some engines. I have been thinking about what engines will be used and have come to the conclusion that I should look to the Colonel Stephens Railways for inspiration. The locomotives that were mainly used were Ex - Mainline engines (I.E LB&SCR A1 Class 'Terriers', LSWR 282 Class 'Ilfracombe Goods') so his railways will be my inspiration.
The Locos that I have chosen are:
- No. 1 An Ex - ROD Porter 0-6-0T called 'Shropshire'.
- No. 2 Ex - GE&SER J33 Class 0-4-2 called 'Archimedes'.
- No. 3 A Peckett W4 0-4-0 called 'Shamrock'.
- No. 4 Ex - LB&SCR A1X Class 0-6-0T (Formerly No. 47 'Cheapside') called 'Athena'.
- No. 5 Ex - LB&SCR E1 Class 0-6-0T (Formerly No. 98 Marseilles) called 'Princess Emma Walton'.
- No. 6 Ex - LMS 2P 4-4-0 called 'Lady of the Lake'
- No. 7 Ex - DRB BR89.2 0-6-0 'Rhine'
- No. 8 Manning, Wardle & Company Works No. 1624 'Modeus'
- No. 9 Hunslet 16in 0-6-0ST 'Captain Birdseye'
No. 10 Kerr, Stuart 'Victory' 0-6-0T 'Imayne Moreau'
As the Great Eastern & South-End Railway is a fictional company, the locomotive that will be used as a stand-in will be a OOWorks Adams Jubilee 0-4-2 in black. This is as close as I can get as a RTR model to the 0-4-2 J33.
No. 8 Is a fictional engine built by Hudswell Clarke and will be represented by a modified Hornby Polly, I do have one with a broken chassis which is what I will use.
The livery will be plain black with 'A&CBLR' inscribed on the Cabside, Watertank(s), Coal Bunker or Tender with the Number where - ever I think looks correct. Nameplates will be purchased from Narrow Planet / Light Railway Stores.
This is an example of the livery:
Edited by DanInHisDen