Nearly two months since the last post here, so time for an update, if only to show that there has been some progress.
With the chassis running quite well, I turned my attention to painting the body but, first, I needed to practice with my new air brush and compressor. After a week in which I experimented with paint/thinner ratios, air pressures, spraying distances and needle openings, as well as learning how to strip an clean the brush, I was ready to start on the buffalo.
Unfortunately, my timing couldn't have been much worse as I only managed a few hours in the garage before the cold and/or damp weather set in. It was however, enough to get the basic green coats on and to make a start on the indian red frames. Since then, I've brush painted the backhead, cab roof and floor, smokebox door and tank front, and inside the bunker in black. The photos below show the results so far:
Next will be all the fiddly detail above the footplate in indian red and finishing and attaching the backhead and other cab details, though this will have to wait for a time when I can clear and clean up my workbench. I've been working on other projects that involce much sawing and filing, so there's too much dust around to risk any painting. Finally, when the weather eventually improves, I think I'll mask off the of the fiddly stuff and get the airbrush out again for a final coat of green on the tanks.