Conservation Area Character Appraisals and Management Plans
In the links below many more areas are designated as conservation areas - but those listed are the only ones with character appraisals.
Appraisals look at:
- The history of the buildings
- Topography and landscape setting
- Settlement form
- Important views and vistas
- Locally distinctive features and vernacular building styles
- Past and present activities and uses
- Streetscape and the public realm
- Green spaces and trees
Penzance, Marazion, Bojewyan, Botallack and Truthwall, Boscaswell, Carnyorth, Nancherrow and Tregeseal, Pendeen and Trewellard.
Breage, Camborne Town Centre, Helston, Plain-an-Gwarry, Redruth, Porthleven, Redruth, St Day, Tuckingmill and Roskear
Chacewater, Devoran, Penryn, St Agnes, Truro, Falmouth
St Columb Major, Tywardreath, Polkerris, Crantock, Fowey, Grampound, Pentewan
Launceston, Altarnun, Blisland, Boscastle, Camelford, Port Isaac, St Kew, St Teath, Bude, Poughill, Stratton