Well, here we go. Itâ€™s been ages since the last update, and quite frankly Iâ€™ve lost track of whatâ€™s been done since the last one. Iâ€™ve attached a little gallery as a bit of a â€œcatch-upâ€
but far more pics are available at
Things weâ€™ve done that come to mind (not necessarily in date order!) are..
1. New roof on the loco shed. It dated from Talacre days and was a bit â€¦flat. Smoke hoods will be fitted once a simple way of making so many of them has been found.
2. The L&Y signal cabin has been installed at Astley Bridge.
3. Extra lead off the turntable. Needed more space for Steveâ€™s expanding loco collectionâ€¦
4. Saltney Ferry station has a covered footbridge. Sort of LNW style, fitted with lights and a nice little feature entrance.
5. LNW style coal hole on the loco shed head-shunt. A large cast concrete buffer stop by it is a test piece for Steveâ€™s (pat pending) method of representing a weathered concrete surface.
6. 80% of signals are now servo operated, all new ones fitted will be servoâ€™d.
7. All of Astley Bridgeâ€™s track is now ballasted.
8. Major backscene project is now underway up at Upper Mill station and the approaches to it.
9. An ex Talacre signalbox is now on a gantry over the tracks at Upper Mill
10. In build at the moment is an L&Y style canopy and wooden platform buildings for Astley Bridge (no pics yet, sorry).
Weâ€™ve also gained a few locos and had lots of visiting ones out to stretch their wheels.
I was thinking of stopping the blog and going over to a thread as I found the format very clunky and awkward to use, and a bit weird to view as well. Since the format has been tidied up and is now in a list form, Iâ€™ll carry on a bit longer and give it a chance.