Just a quick update for tonight, but as always I've added some photos to make it a bit more interesting.
Today I had the chance to work on the layout and I managed to get some quite visible results. Firstly I have been adding more Silflor grass tufts all around the layout. I really am fond of this product and against the hanging basket liner it looks like a much more realistic product.
I have also been adding sand to the layout in quite large quantities. This was all brought about by looking at an aerial photo of the spit back in about 1952 - the main thing that I hadn't really included on the layout is the copious amount of sand. This has been something of a saviour because it had really improved the look of the layout, particularly so at the back.
Finally, I have been adding a couple more layers of glue onto the sea to try and improve its depth. However this is not working as I had planned and I am not happy with it at the moment. The paintwork is terrible underneath the glue but I hoped the glue would hide it a bit and go a bit cloudy.
Apologies for the various bits of glue still drying. Anyway, onwards with the photos: