In order to get the trains off-scene, I needed to make some escape hatches in the sides of the winebox. Out came the power tools, and with some work and some luck I made the right sized holes in the right places. (Woodwork is not something I'm good at). Feeling pleased with myself, I took some photos through the new openings. Apologies for the depth of field problems - I need to get the camera manual out and work out how to overcome these.
First - a view from the front-right hole.
Then a view along the main-line from the right hand end of the layout.
And now ... a view along the main-line in the opposite direction.
A view of the right hand end of the box ...
and a close up of that view.
Finally a view of t'other end ...
and a close up of that.
Bear in mind that nothing is fixed down yet - although I look to have committed myself to making this