Well, the castings from Meteor arrived as promised and mighty fine they are too. I ended up with quite a few spare bits including 5(!) buffers, a round chimney, a cast roof vent and what I think is the internal chimney.
Some modifications were needed to fit the model though. 5mm was removed from the height of the filler and the driveshafts tie bars had to be lengthened - I guess the Lima chassis has a wider wheelbase than a prototypical Sentinel. Here's how I did this:
First I cut off the shaft at the opposite end to the axlebox and drilled the central casting 1.1mm. I then stripped a short length off some 1mm house wiring cable and then cut a further small section of insulation to match the boss on the removed driveshaft tie bar. The wire was soldered into the drilled hole. Once fitted to the loco the insulation was cyano'd to the axlebox to represent the boss.
Here's the loco as it stands at the moment
I need to add the guard irons and the vac pipes The roof needs detailing as well. I am also contemplating getting some Archers rivet transfers - so much for a budget build!