Wanted something to use out doors to take pictures on in proper light so I came up with this.
This experiment cost next to nothing.
A small piece of 9mm ply found in the garage, some spare Hornby set track, some Pva, ash from BBQ.
Spread glue on ply and place in BBQ .
Spread ash from BBQ liberally over glue.
Remove and leave to dry.
the glue has dried and the surplus ash has been knocked off and a wagon run over to check nothing fowls.
i dont think it looks too bad for an experiment for next to no cost.
with a bit of scatter added and some longer grass and weeds it will be just like the real thing.
now we have added some green scatter it looks a whole lot more unloved.
just some longer grass and weeds to add to finish
I have added some Woodland Scenics ballast in places to see how it looks and to replace patches of ash that did not stick too well.
With long grass added
now must get the backscene sorted.