Good afternoon all,
Not much progress has taken place over the last few weeks but I have managed to get the stone papers cut out and attached to the cardboard base structure. Thank you Pete and Tom for your tips on how to produce the stonework in my last entry, I used a good photo of the station itself and then cut part of the stonework from the photo, and copied and pasted it several times to get a strip of stone work. Then this was printed onto good quality paper and I carefully measured and cut out the door and window apertures before attaching each section to the card structure using PVA glue.
I feel the end result has given a fair representation of the stonework.
It all looks a bit bare at present and there is still plenty to do on the model and hopefully I can spend a few evenings this week getting the doors and windows sorted ready to be glued into position.
Anyway, here are a few progress shots of the building with a temporary roof, which I will have to redo as it is slightly too wide. D'oh!!
Any comments very welcome.