Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

999 Good


Profile Information

  • Location
    Close to Churston
  • Interests
    All things GWR.

Recent Profile Visitors

526 profile views
  1. The last time I saw it, the “Great Western” lettering was clearly still present under the painted over green, so it is only a “really good clean” away from being in that livery right now!
  2. Glad to see you’ve sorted the camera settings out. The D80 remains a really nice, usable camera even today, my father-in-law has used one for many years, only recently adding a D7200 to his bag. I had the same 10 megapixel sensor in a Sony A100 and got a lot of good images from it - neither of these cameras does well above 400ISO though. One thing to remember is that ISO isn’t a real thing with digital cameras, there are photons landing on each pixel and then gain (amplification) is applied to the photo current that is generated. The cleanliness of the output signal is then dependent on the
  3. For those who are unaware of a relatively recent relevant story http://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3845 https://www.internationalsteam.co.uk/tales/belgiumtales01.htm
  4. Another locomotive with an emigrated sister http://www.australiansteam.com/1033.htm
  5. With regards to the Frenchmen, go to https://www.martynbane.co.uk/2003Trips/AlsaceLorraine/museum2.htm and look closely at Nord 2.670.
  6. What about a British prototype fireless steam locomotive for the poll next year? Definitely quirky, maybe even a contender for a conventional wish-list?
  7. Not all of them stayed in river banks though https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NZR_K_class_(1877)
  8. Hi Jol What wheels would you recommend using for a P4 Precursor these days? Regards Martin
  9. I am intrigued by the idea that 1501 has been to South Devon once before its recent visit to Buckfastleigh. I would assume that it would have been run in before return to its home shed. Do you know how Newton Abbot handled this?
  10. 1501 (and 9466) at Buckfastleigh, 7th April 2019
  11. NSWGR No.1 - which is very much LNWR deign in origin https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locomotive_No._1
  12. The current halt is purely temporary! I’ve been working on Torre on and off for years and gaps of a few months are not unusual.
  13. Sale has been completed - congratulations to the group! https://www.facebook.com/FriendsBrattonFleming/
  14. Not a lot of progress to report - I’ve lost motivation somewhat over the last few months. I’ve had very little modelling time, although I have been working towards completing a Narrow Planet-ised Talyllyn for a friend. I won’t restart on Torre until I have completed it! I did get a little static grass down before ceasing work though - the photos below show this being done. The adhesive was PVA, I usually use Resin W wood glue, diluted somewhat and with a drop of washing up liquid to kill the surface tension. This was applied liberally to the turf layer with a flat paintbru
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.