I mainly model the late LMS / early British Railways period (LMR) in 2mm Finescale.
A layout based around Healey Dell viaduct and Broadley station on the Rochdale to Bacup branch is (still!) in the planning stages.
I seem to spend most of my modelling time at the moment building locomotives.
Locomotive Projects I am currently working on:
- Hunslet 16" 0-6-0ST (from reduced Judith Edge Kits etches) - construction thread
- LMS 0-6-0 Diesel shunter (from the 2mm Scale Association kit) - Featured in Model Railway Journal 278 / 279
- LMS Jubilee 4-6-0 (PECO body with replacement etched Nigel Hunt chassis)
- LMS Fowler 4-6-4T (from the Nigel Hunt kit - for which I wrote the instructions)
- ex-LMS Princess Royal 4-6-2 (from the Nigel Hunt Kit) - Currently in the point shop
A selection of completed (or nearly completed) models:
Ex-LNWR 0-6-2T "Coal Tank" 27619
Built from shot-down London Road Models etches - see this thread
BR Std. 9F 92008
Built from the Fence Houses Model Foundry kit, with additional details and DCC-controlled reversing valve gear.
Winner of the 2mm Association Groves Trophy 2019
LMS (ex-L&Y) Radial Tank 10735
Built from the Nigel Hunt kit, for which I wrote the instructions.
Winner of the 2mm Association Chairman's Trophy 2018
ex-WD Austerity 2-8-0 90632
Converted to 2FS from the Graham Farish model. 2mm Association tyres fitted to the Farish wheels, and valve-gear replaced with components adapted from etches by Nigel Hunt.
Winner of the 2mm Association Ballantine Quaich 2015
Featured in Model Railway Journal 262 - article winner of the Geoff Balfour Memorial Award 2018
LMS Princess Royal 4-6-2 46210 Lady Patricia - Under construction
Built from the Nigel Hunt kit. The valve gear has been modelled in forward gear.
Ivatt Class 2 2-6-2T 41271
Detailed and weathered Dapol body fitted to a finescale chassis built from the Nigel Hunt Kit.
A Selection of wagons built from kits from various sources and utilising components from the 2mm Association range.