Jump to content

Alan Kettlewell

Members
  • Content Count

    1,190
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1,145 Excellent

4 Followers

Profile Information

  • Location
    North Yorkshire

Recent Profile Visitors

1,029 profile views
  1. Hi Tommy, Here's a couple of pics of snubbers I made up for my previous layout - very basic components and fitted across the end of the twin DCC bus wires: The components: Assembling: Fitted across the end of the DCC bus: I hope this helps. Cheers ... Alan
  2. Some feedback - Job done. I found the method that worked for me was to soak the transfer in the meths/water solution for about 5-10 minutes to loosen the tissue - then slid it into approximate position like a water transfer, gently pulling the tissue away. Once in position a very light dab or two with a small piece of kitchen towel finalised the job. Tomorrow I'll get the spray kit out and give the coach sides a waft with varnish to seal the job. Many thanks again for the tips - much appreciated. Cheers .. Alan
  3. Great, thanks - I'll try that too. Appreciated. Cheers ... Alan
  4. Excellent - I'll certainly try these methods. It's almost a full sheet and I have four coaches to do so it would be a shame to waste it. Many thanks - appreciated. Cheers ... Alan
  5. I've fixed a fair few HMRS Methfix Transfers over the years successfully but today I can't get them to release from the thin tissue and stick to the job, or anything. I also tried them on a piece of plasticard painted with a with a nice glossy finish. I've had this sheet a while and it's been stored without its protective cover so I'm wondering if these transfers time expire, dry out over time or some such issue. Mainly though, can they be re-vitalised? Any advice appreciated (yes I followed the instructions accurately). Cheers ... Alan
  6. HI, I'm wondering if the Z21 Maintenance Tool may be useful here as it displays the status of connected hardware, addresses and so on. You might be able to see what's going on with those addresses during powering off and on. Also the old '+4' turnout addressing issue comes to mind. You can detect if this is the issue if those turnout addresses that change are all incremented by 4, so 10 would become 14 and so on. If so the Maintenance Tool can help resolve this. Just ideas off the top of my head to try out. Good luck with it. Cheers ... Alan
  7. For interest here's a screenshot of a plan I made a while ago showing a Templot track plan overlaid onto an OS map of the layout at Lakeside. This was a plan I fancied doing in 0 gauge but it was just too big for my shed so the plan didn't come to anything. If you progress your idea I'd be happy to let you have photos of Lakeside (and Haverthwaite) I collated for the project. To give you an idea of the dimensions, the grid lines are at 1ft for 0 gauge so would be 6" for 00. I thought the narrow gauge coaling line (right hand end) for servicing the La
  8. A glimpse backstage at Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg ..
  9. In the Z21 app I don't use the occupancy detectors in the track diagramme, but I do set them up all up in a separate 'page' just for addressing and testing they work. For actual displaying of occupancy I use Train Controller. Cheers ... Alan
  10. Here's another with some movement on the big helix captured ..
  11. Here's a couple of short (poor quality) videos of my H0 layout showing several helices. It's a U shaped layout with three sets of helices to take trains between three different levels. The radii and gradients were carefully planned using some basic maths and spreadsheets, the smallest helices mainly used Peco radius 2 and 3 set-track curves - set-track is much preferable over flexi-track for these curves. One end of the layout features a helix built above another helix - then it was all buried in a mountain - it was good fun working it all out and building it. As for capability
  12. Just realised we've hijacked James' thread - sorry James ...
  13. Ah, I forgot about train stacking. Train Controller has a nifty feature that allows automated storage of several trains in a single block so that reduced the number of blocks a bit. I use it in the storage yards. The feature is called 'line up in a block' and is handled by special formulae in the stopping distances. Basically as a train departs the block, all the other trains stored in that block move up to fill the space. Quite clever really and saves on the number of contacts required.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.