Maybe I should title these usefully, huh?
First off, the contest I built the wolfman for came and went. I didn't even place. Disappointing, really. I had decently high hopes. Maybe the SD contest will go better.
Speaking of the SD contest, I've started on paint - maybe a beat early.
Base colors here;
Additional filling on the head. I greatly overcomplicated the build with this aspect.
Here's some parts that I thought only needed the satin black, plus a drybrush. I used Tamiya X-11 Chrome Silver as the drybrush color. I like the effect;
Maybe a little heavy on the two. Still learning, I am.
Lastly, my centaur is actually nearing completion. I reckon on a clear to protect the paint so far. I will follow that with some pastel work. I hope to approximate a Palomino with the horse body. The tutorial I found for Palominos used almost exclusively pastels to get there. That will be a new experience. I also need to paint the base. I think I will do a simple sand base.
Once the heatwave here in Illinois breaks, I can continue with clear on the centaur, and color on the contest model. I'll punch myself with yellow again. Can't spray when it is 100 F. Just doesn't work right.
I'll do better. Updates should be more reliable soon. Also, pay attention to my other blog! I have a stupid idea I'll post there soon.