Jump to content

richard i

Members
  • Content Count

    2,215
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

4,457 Excellent

2 Followers

Recent Profile Visitors

582 profile views
  1. The underside with the bolsters glued in place. Have gone for the same dimensions as the d&s version. Either it acts like a simple compensation or all the coaches will wobble, but at least they will all wobble the same amount. getting more done as i have week off. However, not as much as I might like. For some reason because I can make things/ repair things a list appears each holiday. So far I have repaired an umbrella, a t shirt and the front door. Plans have been pushed my way for a bench for the front with a back AND panels behind it, (“so it looks nice”). In case I was l
  2. What looks like a big step forward. it is possible to do this with all 7 carriages but then they would all look much of a muchness. might need to increase the depth of the bolster to lift the buffers a fraction. then paint the underframes or working on the roofs. richard
  3. The chassis on TW jnr’s one will not distort. The brass bar used is so big it had to be welded together with a blow torch as no soldering iron could get enough heat in to the brass to get the solder to flow. When the largest soldering iron was tried it was pulling so much power the lights in the local area dimmed slightly during the process. I believe in shipyards there are cruise ships built with similar width metal for their bulkheads. richard
  4. I am adverse to brick paper at heart, but your buildings are great and are making me rethink my prejudice to the method of construction. richard
  5. A rescued kit and from eBay. A B2 to anyone post 1923. in lner livery badly painted with a gouge out of the boiler. Missing some bits, lacking in detail and some parts wrongly sighted. dropped in paint stripper and re motored, and rebuilt. Then repainted by me into GCR livery. worth rescuing? It was to me. However, where could I pick up a k’s kit if access to shows is difficult other than eBay. For pregrouping things it has certainly been useful. richard
  6. Ian thanks for showing the process. Most interesting that the top fill in is black. I must go back and check for mine as I think the gcr extended the brown up to surround the upper panels. This does look very doable. ( if that is a word). Though lots of skill and practice to make it look as good as yours many thanks richard
  7. Very slowly coming along. half of the buffer shanks fitted. though I will only fit the brake pipes on the end coaches. I do want a representation between the carriages but not sure yet how to show the joined pipes without fouling the couplings. I know there is a way, but I need it to be robust . richard
  8. Ian, That would be great, it was the complete opposite of what I imagined you might say was the order to do things. So I would really appreciate those images. thank you richard
  9. How do you get around masking for the second colour with all the door furniture in the way? I ask as I am umming and ahhhing over ease of taping and no scraping or secure fitting but having to scrape. thanks richard
  10. It must be a good rendition. I instantly knew what it was just from the pictures opening up. it is great, well done. richard
  11. Original beading: Not long from my understanding. A date, alas I could not say. Whilst I have studied the photos a lot I have been focusing on livery rather than date. I do feel that I have dug around enough whilst building these to produce an article. Though I am sure there are better qualified than I to write one. What I have learnt might also be generally known, but just not known to me before now. If I did write an article it would be one of the things I would try to work out, like the date for switching from gas to electric. Richard
  12. Steps and coupling hooks fitted. they need cleaning up. I had to make extra steps. I lost 6 to the carpet gods, but found four so had to make an extra 2. That’s about par for the course for fitting small items for me. buffers and hoses next. richard
  13. Not much to show for a weeks work, just the couplings for the end of the trains. Not fitting them to the middle of the rakes life is not long enough. And where the actual couplings will be and these would interfere. I hope to get a bit more done this weekend as it is due to rain. richard
  14. Perhaps the other reason it might be 64 is the lack of dome cover in the months up to withdrawal. I would have thought many more photos if it had been going around for 18 months like that, or it would have been commented on in reference books as a long standing alteration. just my thoughts. richard
  15. Wordsley works do both options of beading. Would a merged model of that with the d&s work. You could move the early sides on. There must be some one mad enough to make the missing bits up. richard
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.