Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

161 Good

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I have spoken to the retailer this morning who think that because I am using your average Hornby train set DC controller which is probably sufficient for Dapol O gauge, it is not sufficient for the Heljan locos and therefore is failing due to the controller current loss, so they have suggested I purchase a an O gauge controller and try that first.
  2. Hi Ray Thanks for the reply, just trying to run it in on DC as recommended for such things before going on to fit the decoder. I'll speak to the retailer tomorrow regards
  3. Hi I've yet to build a layout to run anything on but over the past 18 months or so I have been purchasing loco's as and when I can and have putting them away for when I have been in a position to fit them with sound, weather and detail etc. So I purchased a 61xx round about this time last year when they were on a good offer price from a retailer. I tested it briefly backwards and forwards on a piece of tracking it all seemed to work ok so it was packed away. Today having bought a suitable rolling road last week and purchased a sound decoder I thought I would make a start on it.
  4. Hi I am moving up from OO to O gauge so my current set up of the average size airbrush extract unit and turntable will be too small for some of the larger heavier O gauge locos and coaches etc. It will probably suffice for wagons and small locos though. So I was wondering what people may do differently in spraying in particular large heavy locos, long coaches etc, do you have any tips for supports, jigs, turntable etc
  5. Almost finished the IXO Bedford OYD in BR livery just need to add indicators and some weathering. If the window glazing could have been removed easily it would have been better and easier to strip the cab paintwork off but they seem to be revitted in so I had to do some masking to get the two colours. I used rail match enamels this time which were much easier to use. Not so sure about the self -adhesive logo on the cab, I may look to replace it with a waterslide equivalent so that it sits better. I just need to source some number plates for all
  6. Hi 37114 No layout yet, just in my head at the moment, hopefully will be able to make a start next year but it definitely have a parcels theme!? I have made some progress with the Pickfords lorry. I did struggle with the main bodywork and cherry paints, not sure what it was. I stripped all back as well as I could and then primed it white (that was probably the mistake) as I had to spray quite a few coats to get the opacity, in hindsight I should have used grey perhaps. As a consequence the paintwork isn't brilliant by any means but the transfers help disguis
  7. Can anyone advise on suitable upgrade speaker for a Loksound V5 - Ohm and type/size of speaker etc that will fit in the Dapol O gauge 57xx? Thanks
  8. Thank you for the replies and links. if not through cleaning would this loco have been painted black or be one of the last green ones with its original great western lettering and just in a filthy condition?
  9. I have found one poor photo of this loco at Southall where it remained in great western livery up until its demise, I am thinking of modelling it but would like to see other (better) photos if they are available. Can anyone post any or point me to publications where they may be found? Many thanks
  10. Thank you 37114 for the compliments, your work too has inspired me to have a go. I had thought of purchasing the Altaya Bedford but wasn't sure what to do with it but your tipper conversion is look pzrticlulary good and I'm looking forward to seeing the completed model. Owdbob has also inspired me and in fact seeing his conversion of the atlas/dinky coal truck it looked achievable so I thought that I would give it a go. see picture below, I have also managed to purchase another IXO ford North west gas truck for a reasonable price off of eBay and in doing so also saw an
  11. 70E

    Heljan 61xx

    I am looking to purchase and fit an ESU Loksound L sound decoder purely for plug and play rather than re-wiriing (not my skillset) and just wondering if anyone out there has done the same and what type/size speaker would you suggest. Also, although none were preserved what sound file would you recommend Coastal DCC, SWD etc?
  12. Pictures of the IXO Ford ET6 This was relatively straight forward as I purchased the 'gas' version which is already R/H drive, so just had to modify the bodywork and add some transfers. I was able to T Cut the existing lettering off quite easily.
  13. Having seen Giles of R/C conversion of 1/43 and 1/76 Diecast models fame and the IXO BMC FG he used to convert to R/C, I thought I would have a go. I managed to find one on Ebay and had a go at converting it to a BRS version. I have by no means the skillset of Giles to convert it to R/C so it is just a static model. As Giles has said in his RMweb threads and Youtube videos converting from L/H to R/H is relatively straight forward. I took his advice and primed the cab as he experienced problems with the original paint blistering when he over sprayed with Halffords car paint. I used
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.