Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

119 Good

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hope that stuff is on the shelves securely
  2. Honest opinion is that it is over complicated and most of the sidings are not of much use. I had planned to build a 4ftx400mm layout and made a brief start but gave it up and built a basic oval to actually run my trains on rather than just going backwards and forwards. However, the track plan might be worth a look for you.
  3. Newest addition No sound on this one just yet, just got the bare loco and decoder, Bachmann 66065 in EWS re-branded to DB, got it cause it was pre-weathered and relatively cheap at just over £100. Will go with Legomanbiffo sound when the time comes.
  4. Few more little steps forward Phone box now added to the town scene, was looking at lighting this but it was way to see-through even with the LED on the lowest setting I could get, also not helped by the fact that it was virtually impossible to paint it on the inside to reduce it's transparency. Need some street lights still as the lighting is very unbalanced with the majority of illumination being towards the depot end. Got another 4 Accurascale bufferstops so now all the sidings are lit. Also got a Gaugemaster PSU to power the poin
  5. As suggested I wouldn't think about trying to do all that in one go. Get one part up and running first and see how you feel about completing the rest, you may find after doing the first "stage" that your plans were a bit too ambitious and you might want to scale them back a bit. One of the problems with this hobby is trying to bite off too much in one go , getting frustrated and either giving up completely or constantly going back and making changes to the point where you might want to give up.
  6. Just an observation On the point in front of the building is the bottom part of the track connected properly? Looks like the straight track isn't in the fishplate before the point correctly, not on about the gap but it looks like there is a "step" there. Might just be an illusion cause of the gap
  7. Some new to me wagons today, wanted some of these for a long time, remember when I first saw them I was still doing N gauge. Would like at least one more weathered one and perhaps one pristine
  8. Nice space although if it were me and I had that much room I would be going up in scale from 00
  9. New point bedded in quite nicely, think it was a good idea to paint the board black first, helps hide any gaps in the ballasting Also a bit of sun on the layout makes it look totally different, under artificial direct light you can see every little bit "wrong" little gaps in the ballast, slight bit of grass missing, for some reason in natural light it looks different, it all seems to blend together so much better.
  10. FYI, I put one of these in my Bachmann class 37 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254659789160?ViewItem=&item=254659789160 Had to leave the fan out to get it in mind you but the sound is so much better and louder.
  11. Had to replace a point that if i am honest was always a problem that I should have dealt with sooner. Originally it was glued down but when I ballasted around it the PVA mix softened the glue enough that it lifted off the board, I did fix it back down but as a result it was slightly "humped" in the middle where the ballast had got under it. This had the effect of causing the class 37 to stall on the point over the insulated section and the class 68 to short on it, I solved the short by snipping out a section just before the point to remove the power to the V section although it then
  12. Ordered a 12v 2amp power supply that I was hoping would be man enough to switch the points as well as power the one signal. All the points work fine except the one with the signal associated with it, there is a PL-13 switch mounted to the point motor to switch the signal but the extra "drag" from it is stopping the point firing reliably Therefore I have also ordered a big CDU, 18800uf, that I am hoping will overcome the problem, just have to wait and see now when it arrives. Took the top off the class 37 the other week and proceeded to rip the speaker wires off the circuit boar
  13. Lights MK2 They help take the edge off the bufferstop LEDs if nothing else. Had three altogether but feels like that would have been too many so just went with the two, same as with the previous lights.
  14. I live about 10 minutes from that bridge
  15. Need to replace the lights I had already fitted, they started behaving a bid odd and were flickering and a lot dimmer than they were to begin with. Not really sure why as they were supposed to be usable on either AC or DC and a wide range of voltages, perhaps wiring them into the DCC bus wasn't the best idea after all I will more than likely just replace them with some more Woodland Scenics ones seeing as I have the transformer already to power them with. In the meantime a few moody shots of both locos
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.