Jump to content
I apologise for the additional advertising intrusion on tablets. I am trying to get the relevant parties to fix the situation. ×

6990WitherslackHall

Members
  • Posts

    455
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Information

  • Location
    Bridlington
  • Interests
    Preserved railways, Boxfile layouts, T, N, OO9, OO and O gauges, Kit building, DCC sound,

Recent Profile Visitors

1,368 profile views

6990WitherslackHall's Achievements

616

Reputation

  1. Caught 09017 again later on in the day shunting non other than the Flying Scotsman.
  2. Not an 08 but an 09, 09017, the NRM's shunter, seen shunting just outside the Flying Scotsman Story on 21/08/21.
  3. This is an exhibition layout and is based in Bridlington.
  4. Went to the club last night and started work on the remaining parts I needed to ballast. I still need to spread it out evenly and then spray it with a liquid used for ballasting track. (50/50 PVA and water and 2 drops of Fairy washing up liquid)
  5. A closer view of 37402, again stabled in the loco sidings at York on 18/09/21.
  6. Just visible opposite a DRS Class 66, Class 37/4 37402 Stephen Middlemore is stabled in the loco sidings in York on 28/08/21
  7. Unidentified DRS Class 66 in York in loco sidings. The Class 37 opposite is 37402.
  8. Brilliant layout. Good job modifying the locos
  9. The Toad now has the coupling hooks and the tension lock couplings on. I've decided to leave the actual couplings off as they're plastic and because that I tend to use a magnet for uncoupling wagons. I just need to sort out the roof. I think I might spray paint it so it'll look better. I'll leave the roof off for now until I finish the guard that is going to go inside the brake van. After that, the handrails need painting, the transfers need putting on and the headlamps need to be painted and glued on.
  10. Another afternoon of working on the Toad. I've added the steps and the buffers and and I'm waiting for them to secure. After this, I'll be adding on the coupling hooks and sorting out the tension lock couplings.
  11. On the Tuesday after, I began to ballast the track l. The bottom photo is what it looked like after I finished most of it. I've still got to do the sleeper ends which I'll do tonight and then tidy up the loose ballast after it's dried. There's not much left in the bag but I'm hoping it'll be enough for the job.
  12. After pinning the track down, I had a play with the scenery and the rolling stock to see what it would look like. Here are a few pics I took....
  13. Yeah, I could have, which would have given me more room. Oh well...
  14. I've heard of some brands that do make these but I can't recall their names. I also use an old paintbrush to apply the poly cement on but can stiffen the brush if it's not cleaned up properly.
  15. I managed to make it on the Thursday after I finished work and I nailed the track down. I tested it after with the Class 04 I'll be using and it worked fine.
×
×
  • Create New...