Jump to content


RMweb Gold
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

895 Good

About RFS

Profile Information

  • Location
    South Derbyshire

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. It was users who forced that change - charging small amounts for the item and huge postage to escape the fees....
  2. Axminster to Lyme Regis was operated for a long time exclusively by the Adams Radial tanks.
  3. Does your mobile service provider not offer wi-fi calling? Mine will but refuses to do so on a PAYG contract ....
  4. How about the class 73 electro-diesels - the first bi-mode locos to operate on BR? Not only is bi-mode the flavour of the day now, but some class 73s, first introduced in 1962, are still running today. Furthermore, a number of them have been re-engineered into 73/9s and will probably be still be around for another 20 years or so.
  5. Another vote for the class 33 from me. Grew up in south London at the time they were introduced so often saw them brand new. First in service in early 1960 a month before my 15th birthday with O-levels still more than a year away. Today I've just passed 75 and a few of them are still in service plus plenty preserved.
  6. I don't think the website indicates current stock levels as I was able to add 30 items to my basket which I wouldn't expect them to have. It's a useful ploy to see if the stock level is there. You could try Lendon's of Cardiff who also appear to have it in stock - http://www.lendonsmodelshop.co.uk/ Also try here who say it's in stock - https://www.orwellmodelrailways.co.uk/products/Bachmann/spares-oo/
  7. Further to my post regarding Wago connectors. I simply bought a box of 60 for use around the layout. A set like this can be had for just under £10 from a variety of Ebay sellers. They also show up on an Ebay search for "wire nuts" for perhaps they're the latest incarnation ....
  8. I've moved to Wago connectors - see Ebay for plenty of choices. You need either the 221 or 222 version. They're cheap and you can connect wires to them without soldering or using a screwdriver - big advantage if you're working under the baseboard. If the wires are all of the same gauge, you can put two wires into each slot, so a 5-way would be fine for 8 wires. I use double-sided sticky tabs to fix to underside of the baseboard.
  9. It's really your choice. If it's a static layout where the wires are not going to get moved about then single core is fine. I use 1/0.6 on my layout for droppers as I find that is easier to solder to the side of the rail. 16/0.2 is somewhat overkill for droppers that are short, and can not only be more visible but also more difficult to solder to the rail.
  10. A number of more recent RTR models have flywheels, for example, the Hornby S15. I have two of these which run beautifully under DCC albeit with Lenz Standard+ decoders.
  11. Yes it is. 21C1-10 were series 1, 21C11-20 series 2 and 35021-30 series 3.
  12. 10 were built at Doncaster, 15 at Derby and the remaining 130 at Brighton.
  13. You can get labels and plates from Fox Transfers - see here. However a veritable minefield will be ensure you have the correct tender for the model you choose to renumber.... SEMG website has the details of which tender types were used - http://www.semgonline.com/steam/mn_ten.html. A quick check suggests 35012, in rebuilt form, may have acquired 35010's tender so could be a better choice to renumber.
  14. For the Cobalts you need to wire the frogs using their separate built-in switch using feeds from the track bus, rather than the built-on frog terminal, as the latter you will provide power the frog from the accessory bus. A short on the frog could therefore short the accessory bus. EDIT: beaten to it by John P!
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.