Jump to content

garethashenden

Members
  • Content Count

    1,340
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1,637 Excellent

2 Followers

Profile Information

  • Location
    New Hampshire

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Managed to get the inside motion working. There is a little tight spot I need to iron out, but overall I'm feeling quite pleased with myself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g6YHv2CleE
  2. The wheels ran pretty true, but the tires were all wobbly.
  3. Further progress, it rolls! Unfortunately the tires aren't square to the wheel centers, so they're very wobbly. I'll need to print new centers and redo them. Oh well.
  4. Picking this up again, some progress has been made. The cab has been changed again. Looking through the etches I found a taller cab which is the solution to the cab/tank height discrepency. I had overlooked it because it was drawn as the full cab front and sides, with long roof supports. The work of a moment to trim those and slightly longer to file the cab sides to match the splashers. Once this was fitted I revisited how to align the cab and boiler. I had been using two substantial rods on the inside corners of the tank, but its difficult to get them in exactly the right spot. So I cam
  5. What causes those cobwebs? I don't think I've experienced it before.
  6. Thanks Tim. That explains why there's so much depth in the model, with all those washes.
  7. What do you use for a base colour for London brick? I feel as if I've asked this before but I don't remember.
  8. I have both 0.3 and 0.55mm balls. The 0.3mm balls are too small to handle in my opinion, whereas the 0.55mm ones are just the right amount of solder.
  9. I've now replaced the window with the broken mullion. In addition to that, all the other details have been taken care of an initial painting has been done. I used a whitemetal crane from Scalelink. In person its a little chunkier than the prototype but I still like how it looks. I added two platforms for the upper storey doors. I think that one of them should have been modelled up, but they're quite firmly glued now. Good think I've got several other similar buildings still to make. The downpipe is 1/16" brass tube with a curve put in at the end. It fits the look I was after. I've
  10. I've now replaced the window with the broken mullion. In addition to that, all the other details have been taken care of an initial painting has been done. I used a whitemetal crane from Scalelink. In person its a little chunkier than the prototype but I still like how it looks. I added two platforms for the upper storey doors. I think that one of them should have been modelled up, but they're quite firmly glued now. Good think I've got several other similar buildings still to make. The downpipe is 1/16" brass tube with a curve put in at the end. It fits the look I was after. I've
  11. I want to get it right. Constructive criticism is an important part of that. In this case its made me review an aspect of the model I hadn't put much thought into before.
  12. Try printing the axlebox vertically. I bet the hole is there, but resin got trapped in it.
  13. I think its all angles afterall. Compare this picture of the model to this Standard gauge 1076. The model may be a little high, but its close. I think they saddle tank is a bit of a gothic arch at the moment, particularly at the back. This would cause the high point to be higher. But overall I'm thinking its right.
  14. I was thinking that it was just the angle, but looking at the picture Miss Prism posted again I think you're right. I guess I was assuming that the cab was the same as the standard gauge locomotives, but clearly it isn't.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.