Jump to content

brian daniels

Members
  • Content Count

    2,753
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by brian daniels

  1. No only 4 or 5 had airbrakes. It's not cheap but think of the hours of fun you get making it!
  2. Well you didn't expect me to build it as it comes did you. I'm adding the high level and bufferbeam airpipes and having to modify the righthand side to make the compressor box and will have to make another box to go the other side up against the cab. Oh and some pipes on the ends. One thing to think of when doing things like this is painting/decaling the wasp stripes. So I think I will leave all the end details off and paint and glue them on later. The rest of the handrails will have to wait as well so I can mask the yellow ends later.
  3. Found a couple of issues with the 07. On the airtanks a lug that goes over the valance was not cast on one end. So I removed the other one and made the strap with some brass strip. A slightly bigger issue is that the short hood is the same width as the main hood but it should be narrower. So out with the saw and remove 4mm in the middle and then glue and fill it back together, looks much better now. Bufferbeam detail added as well now.
  4. Yes 7mm, It's the Tower Collection https://www.towercollections.com/
  5. I have had a word with Ian Atkinson at Tower and he said he did not have many of these left so if you want one! They are designed basically as a starter kit which I would agree with although I have built a few so I am finding it very straight forward to build. As supplied the foldup gearbox is quite large and it will only go on the lead axle as the Slaters pickups get in the way on the centre axle. I have ended up using a smaller gearbox which has allowed it to just about go on the centre axle and lean at an angle so a flywheel can be used. The Mashima supplied will have the extra shaft c
  6. Yes I will Mike, I have a running chassis already! As usual I will do a few changes on it. Quick pic off the phone here.
  7. Took delivery of a Tower Collection Class 07 kit Tuesday. This is what's in the box
  8. And I have also done this Heljan 37 as one of two that had snowploughs and skirts, 37039 and 37040. Added PH Designs headcode covers and blended them in with Railmatch Faded Yellow. I changed the buffers for cast ones, ovals at one end and Oleo's at the other. Still got to do some etched bogie steps and weather it.
  9. Another project just finished is this Paul Rolley IHA coil wagon. It's a resin kit with a small sheet of etches for the end details. The bogies are from SimonBRblue via Shapeway. It took a while and a few pots of paint to get the correct colour but I ended up with early NSE blue which look ok. Transfers are from Rail-Tec.
  10. Just finished this Steve Beattie Spanner MkI boiler. Thankfully I found 3 lost wax bits in the steam loco scrap box to finish it. I found a diagram of one on the internet or I would be stumped at where to put the wires. Not saying it's that accurate but it captures the look ok. I just had this old RJH 31 to hand to place in the background.
  11. Thanks Rob, I really must try and keep it up to date. Believe it or not I have slowed down a bit since retiring as other jobs now get in the way that you had been putting off before.
  12. Hi CME, I just sprayed Halfords primer over the Heljan finish. Numbers look like normal wagon numbers that you would get inside a number panel. The B infront looks like that to me.
  13. Done some weathering on this pre-production Heljan re-furbished class 31, looks more like it.
  14. Over the years it's amazing where you get stuff from! All I had to buy was the logo from Rail-Tec for this.
  15. Re-painted a Heljan United Molasses B Tank black and added these transfers to make into a tank for Paraffin Wax. The TSL logo is from Rail-Tec and the stars and numbers from Fox, BRT logo is Appleby and the solebar ones are from CCT.
  16. Did another pre-production Heljan 31 body as a RF one. I added the headlight though.
  17. A pre production Heljan re-furbished 31 was painted as 31201 and I added the roof fan cowling from a DJH etch I had. Also changed the rad side grills for DJH etched ones. Rail-tec come up trumps with the unique decal on one side and it's their 3D print nameplates.
  18. Did this Heljan 37 earlier in the year. Cut the bufferbeam away and added a PH Designs etched bufferbeam and headcode box covers.
  19. Finished the Palbrick bar a bit of weathering at some point. I remembered these couplings are from Exactoscale but looks like they are no longer available.
  20. Made two of these Paul Rolley resin kit POA Black Adders recently. I fitted them with JLTRT suspension and axle boxes.
  21. Also did a Dapol brakevan conversion to Air Piped. Fitted Slaters buffers and vac pipe and JLKTRT air pipes. Roller bearing axleboxes are from Parkside. Coupling is a slightly modified Heljan with a better tommy bar.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.