Jump to content

M Graff

Members
  • Content Count

    960
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1,205 Excellent

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://https://sites.google.com/site/graffairbrushart/home/in-english

Profile Information

  • Location
    Sweden
  • Interests
    Model railroads with a US prototype.

Recent Profile Visitors

411 profile views
  1. A lot! Mostly with a mini torch. I have a Kemtron C16 kit, and that one is also thick!
  2. Made a little more progress on my LaBelle boxcar. Only a few brake parts and coupler pockets remain to be mounted before painting. I also finished a reefer marked for my railroad company. Painted and decaled the boxcar. I had a little mishap... I was going to add the handbrake chain, and I took a piece out of the box and soldered it in place. Then I realized that it was the wrong kind of link! I had taken a piece of an old gold chain.... Well, it is probably worth more than the kit... The decals are dry transfers from Woodland scenics and some old ones I had in a box. Started the weathering. I begin by painting flaked paint, i.e. paint on grayish wood color. The markings are for one of my mines on my layout; the Yvon Gold Mining company. Named after my late mother. Because there is genuine gold on the car, it suits it well. My mother would had loved this one.
  3. This is my latest build, a car shop I made from a Campbell Seebold and sons kit. Just some lights left to install.
  4. I've CAD designed a coupler box to suit the Sergent Sharon-couplers. They will soon be available through my Shapeways shop.
  5. I have built one of these before, but that one got sold. This one is built more or less as it was out of the box, as the former one was heavily modified to match the original blueprints... The kit contents. The new parts added, turnbuckles, stirrups and couplers with boxes. The frame started. The subframe for the body and roof. Notice the paper strips glued to the frame sides to shim it to the correct width. Sheeting added. End sheeting. Painted, all the parts installed. The dry transfer decals added, I just love how the dry transfers look painted on the surface even when it's as uneven as here. The end with brake rod and decals. Only trucks, couplers and weathering left to do.
  6. I got this very old Kemtron kit from a friend of mine. It is etched from very thick brass and had to be filed to shape.... I will use plastic trucks as the brass ones included wasn't of the caboose sort with leaf springs. The amount of heat needed to solder this kit was daunting.... The shape of the roof had to be shaped with a mallet over a wooden form due to the thickness of the brass. Finished and ready for paint. It was a fun kit to build, albeit a bit dated. It will be fun to paint and weather it.
  7. I built a LaBelle HOn3 gondola kit, and decided to make a honorary car for my late mother Yvonne who died last year of cancer. I have already a mine on my layout called the Ywon mine. So this became the Yvon/Ywon Gold mine Co. car number 47 (as in her birth year). Weathered to represent a well used car that has shipped a lot of gold ore. The text are dry transfers. The boggies are 3D printed from Shapeways with Kadee wheels. The couplers are Sergent Sharon-couplers. I'm very satisfied with it.
  8. My Westside models C25 in HOn3 will be getting some upgrades. It already has new gears installed and will now get sound, lights and a good paint job. I will also improve the power pick-ups with added wipers on the tender and the locomotive. The parts involved (well, at least some of them...). Disassembly of the locomotive. The main parts cleaned with soda and repaired. Some loose solder joints that had to be fixed. AO blasted, ready for paint. As can be seen it isn't air blowed clean yet as some of the blasting medium is still on the model. More blasted parts... Painted and decalled. The paint is Scalecoat 1 engine black that has been baked in the oven. The decals are from San Juan decals. The number was easy to choose as the D&RGW only had one C25; #375... The smokebox is painted with Alclad silver. The tender shell. All in all a good start on the project. Now I have to install the decoder, light and speaker. Then some light weathering... I'll be making it look like the photos of the original.
  9. Hi all! These are my latest paintings. Abandoned track #1 Acrylic on canvas 50 x 70 cm. Abandoned track #2 Acrylic on canvas 50 x 70 cm.
  10. Abandoned track #2 Acrylic on canvas 50 x 70 cm.
  11. My latest paintings, one watercolour and one acrylic. The acrylic is in progress.
  12. https://youtu.be/FFFUjBlHnA0 The track laying continues, I have only 12' of dual gauge tracks left to do.... [youtube]FFFUjBlHnA0[/youtube] <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FFFUjBlHnA0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  13. I made an updated trackplan that is more accurate. The track laying is progressing. The tracks around Holy Cross jct are getting closer to being finished.... (yes, the town is named to give me some bonus points with my resident priest. It's not easy being a priests "wife" )
  14. Bret's Brewery in HO scale. The band! Loading dock The rail side. Boiler house Front on. Upper floor detail. Water tank.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.