Jump to content

L49

Members
  • Content Count

    444
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

575 Good

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://cdcdesign.webplus.net

Profile Information

  • Location
    Kempston

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Cooling in vice... sounds like a visit to Soho police station... Hope she comes out ok. Keep me posted if I can help with anything.
  2. Hi Bruce. I have sent you a PM. The issue seems to be connected to the hot weather, as I have had some issues with the new GER R24 doing similar even after being fully cured for three days or more. I have been experimenting with ways to cure the problem including the cross stay idea, although that is not the most successful. If you run the body under warm to hot water, then it will easily be pushed back Into true. Leave it on its side under some weight to cool and it will be fine.
  3. Unfortunately there were compromises on the NLR tank, largely because the chassis it was designed to fit was H0. I had to remove 3mm overall from the full length of the loco, 1mm between smokebox and tank front, another 1mm from the tank sides, and another 1mm from the cab.
  4. Thanks SEM... just to add to this, the original body which I designed started with mounting to fit the Dapol/Hornby chassis, and lined up correctly for the rear drivers. Unfortunately it became pretty obvious that the wheelbase grew increasingly inaccurate towards the front end. The issue then was how to combat this without causing any distortion to the scale dimensions of the body and still fit the motor etc. Finally the solution was to reverse the chassis, and centre the wheelbase as closely as possible to the prototype. To do this I had to move the backhead further into the cab
  5. I don't know whether I ought to reply to this post, as the one who designed them and is printing them, I might be slightly biased! The whole point was to produce a model which was affordable at all levels and required the absolute minimum of skill to use. As Nile has said, they come in plain black with buffer beams and bright work picked out. When I have a quiet week, the cab interiors are painted too. Unfortunately, or maybe I should say fortunately, orders are going up, and finding the time to do cab interiors is a bit tricky, especially with a new baby at home as well. Up tp now
  6. I think it was just 60 thou, it may even have been 40 thou. I didn't weight it, simply because it was only for display on the stand. If I was going to add weight, I would have done it inside the underfloor switchgear boxes, which I just represented with black plasticard. Those bogies are so free running that they dont need a lot of weight inside.
  7. This I'd my one which I built to take round the shows. This is just the basic kit with the windows cut out, mounted on acetate. The floor is plasticard and the bogies are Metromodels. The card roof doesnt look too bad, but cruel close up doesnt help... This is a detail of the card frames mounted on the metromodels bogie, the plasticard floor and the supports for the card headstock.
  8. The 35 stock isnt too tricky, especially when you compare it to the 67/72. The roof end might be a challenge, but the milliput idea would work ok just be careful if you are sanding it down to protect the printed sides. On the surface stock, I always used the printed roof details as a guide to add rain strips and ventilators before painting the whole roof either dark brown or grey depending which stock I was working on. Tube stock is a bit trickier, as it has very prominent rivets and overlapping sheets. I would consider using ordinary printer paper to represent the overlapping she
  9. And a new supply of white eco resin to replace that horrible black stuff I have been fighting with for the last week!!!!!!!
  10. Will that now be part of UK border agency training?
  11. ... Ok. I now officially hate rattle can nozzles! Just trying to unclog the nozzle on what I took to be an unused can of aerosol varnish. Now also trying to clean the kitchen worktops to get the great splat of Humbrol satin off, and hoping that the airbrush cleaner which I am using to complete the task doesn't stain. Why do some projects seem to go like this...? Grrrrrr
  12. Eventually about 10.30 last night I remembered an old trick... address labels... now you try finding address labels at 10.30 on a Sunday night. I was lucky. I found one solitary label. It was duly painted half in cream and half in blue then left overnight. This afternoon I cut the labels up into 1.5mm strips, and laid them. The cantrail strip was comparatively easy, just straight round, trying to keep the joints invisible. The waist level stripe was more of a pain, having to be laid in and out of all the door recesses. Both have gone on tolerably straight, and I think it looks a l
  13. Not a bad day's work on the MP55 today. I had great plans, and possibly delusions of grandeur about making and spraying the car. Delusional, as I really wanted to produce a composite MsL car in the original livery of two tone blue for second class and cream for first. Also delusional, as on opening the toolbox I discovered that I had no jars for the airbrush with me... I ended up opting to hand paint, which I hate doing, but knowing that the car needed to be finished asap I hadn't got much choice. It looked a bit rough last night to be honest, and I was pon
  14. The body very loosely sat on the bogie as a check for clearances and bogie centres.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.