Cambrian Rlys Coach Kits

Penlan

• RMweb Premium

An Albion in 3mm/ft is on my to-do list. Re cylinders, I'd planned to make these part of the chassis. I've a copy of an original Sharp Stewart drawing of the Albion type; for what passes as draw-gear it shows the rear of the hook being simply a bolt passed through the buffer beam and secured with a nut and washer on the rear.

That'll be neat to behold, might be worth seeing if Gavin would be willing to make an in-between size of his design if you're not looking to go full scratch.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/sparkshotcustomcreationsscc?section=Furness+%26+Cambrian+Loco%27+Bodies&s=0

Yeah i'll probably add something passing for the cylinders on the chassis unit, still working some of the detailing out between other projects on the go. Regarding the drawing I don't think i've ever seen a reverse side pic of a loco's bufferbeam but you're effectively describing a stubby wagon arrangement I trust? Anywho I get the gist so will see about emulating a certain wagon kit of mine once I source a spare set of hooks but I can still spring the out of sight bunker end which will be taking most of the strain anyway.

May I ask where you got the drawing from, the HMRS website? Still waiting for my membership to go though in order to take advantage of the archive discount but it would be useful to own a copy.

Edited by steves17
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not quite sure where the Sharp Stewart drawing came from, would be either NRM or HMRS. The HMRS web site has changed slightly and it seems a bit less obvious as to the origins of a drawing, as opposed to the prototype, but it's likely to be the Cambrian 2-4-0 listed.

I'll bear Sparkshot in mind. Current intention is to do etches, certainly the chassis will be etched, but I'll see how it goes.