Burton On Trent in N2

RBE

• 1 month later...

Much has been done on the workshop. Less on the layout but with Mansfield looming in March plans to crack on with it is imminent!!

post-6894-0-11877600-1475443588_thumb.jpg

Pleased with how the workshop is going though.

Edited by RBE
  • Like 8

Yes really looking forward to it. Need to get it watertight before the winter sets on though really, even if its not ready to use straight away. The 3° temp and ice on my window this morning tells me it wont be too long before the bad stuff is here.

I've got a small warm air panel that will go on, on the timer for about 2 hours a night, but with my insulation under the floor, in the walls and roof I only had it on for a couple of Months last year, and it wont go on just yet until it gets to about minus 2 or 3 over night.

Its looking really good Buddy, bet you cant wait to get in and settle in your own Den.

All the best.

Sounds good. I plan to stick a panel in there to heat it. As mine will be fully insulated and vented it should maintain heat well and vent moisure so should be a nice environment for the trains and me!!

I did consider forgetting the trains and sticking a bar and cinema in there but the lure of the rails is too much haha.

• Like 2

Cheers Hugh. In other BoT news, I've also started work on a 3D print for the station stairs and plans for the station building. It's amazing how much a crappy 70s replacement structure can change from the 1990s to present day!

I used to sweep those stairs! Worked in the BO and on the platform at Burton a decade or so ago and grew up spotting in the field behind Rumenco. Gimme a shout if there's anything I can help with :-)

Cheers Tom. I may well pick your brains. My layout will be in the green and cream days. Was the station blue and white when you worked there?

Darth Vader? :no:  :sungum:  :stinker:  :triniti: 

Not too far from the truth. Although the black on there is breather membrane, the finshed workshop will be black!

• Like 1

Cheers Tom. I may well pick your brains. My layout will be in the green and cream days. Was the station blue and white when you worked there?

Oh yes, we're talking the days not long before the MML/CT empires were smashed ;-)

If you're going earlier then I must put in a request for Garter Blue SNG with chrome lettering/numerals, on 'The Peaks Express' Sunday turn, 4472 post-Australia with Bill McAlpine sat on his verandah behind it, and 'Bahamas' going light engine to Branston to turn! #MisspentYouth :-D

I could probably do SNG or the FS as specials but the layout is set around 1990 so sector diesel era.

I might be wrong (I'm working off the top of my head) but I think all of those things happened in 1990. I have pictures of the Jubilee, SNG and subsequently 60009 as 'Osprey' going light to Branston to turn. 'Bananas' went to Coalville open day in '89 and was on the patch a fair bit at that time. SNG on the 'Peaks Express' was quite a regular event on a Sunday at that time, if I remember rightly. In fairness, I was eight...

3D Stairs. Although criminally simplified these bleeders still fall outside printing tolerance on shapeways! I could do etched handrails but I'll need a mortgage at this rate!!

post-6894-0-92715900-1476225716_thumb.png

• Like 4

Top work on both the shed and the stairs matey. Must admit the stairs do look very intricate. Especially in 2mm. They do look like the real thing though. Don't worry I've got another loco lined up for you after the 60 so that'll add to your coffers.

Cheers

Marcus