Burton On Trent in N2

RBE

That looks absolutely top notch Cav. No mistaking that as Burton. I know what you mean about the acrylics. Unless the plastics primed it does take ages to build up the colour. The shed I've just done was primed so took three coats but, would have been more if I had just gone on the bare plastic. The only advantage of course is you don't have to wait so long between coats as you do with enamel.

Anyway, regardless, you've done a fantastic job there mate.

Cheers

Marcus

Cheers Marcus. I do like how recognisable it is! As for the paint, I did prime it and it still covers like rubbish. The primer was pretty dark though and the paint light so would always be a pain to cover!

• 1 month later...

post-6894-0-19907400-1482433817_thumb.png

Just received this from shapeways today. Pretty pleased with this. Its very fine indeed in Hi Def Acrylic. Needs the pillars straightening up and there is some layering on the sides which I'm ok with for this application but other than that it's very nice indeed.

Edited by RBE
  • Like 10

Few pics of todays progress. The station building is pretty much done now barring seating and a few support columns at the southern end where the canopy cantilevers out. Pretty pleased with how its going though. The canopy is still removable at this stage so with be treat with a little weathering along the edges in due time.

I've topped the platforms themselves with grey card and painted on edging stones with acrylic paint and marked joints, cracks and general wear and tear labouriously with pencil.

post-6894-0-98382300-1483041428_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-92965500-1483041443_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-86265200-1483041458_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-25298800-1483041472_thumb.jpg

Still need to add white platform edging when I decide how I will do it!!

Edited by RBE
  • Like 10

Hi Graham, no I can't see it being done for then to be honest. I really didn't end up with the time over the last year to progress the layout disappointingly. I'm planning to hit it now over the next few months but even if the layout was done for march the stock wouldn't be so can't see it running then. Hopefully I can jump onto a show later in the year.

That's spot on great modelling what are you going to put where the old bays was thinking back too spotting days 80s/90s there was just a few bushes/weeds on gravel and roses beds along the platform where the chain link was hope this helps.

Steve

Yes that's exactly how I plan to do it with low scrub and weeds. I am still in two minds whether to do the edge of the canopy in a sandy brown colour as it was in around '92/'93. I was hoping to date the layout as a range from 88 to 93 so chose the green based on a single pic from '91 which is not that clear in any case. I have far more pics showning the brown and of course the subsequent blue after privatisation.

A bit more done. Grassy area between the platforms covered in woodland scenics coarse turf and WWS static grass.

post-6894-0-52014000-1483127279_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-52116600-1483127301_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-62228900-1483127323_thumb.jpg

Still got some shrubs and such to add but the look so far is defineatly what I'm after.

• Like 14

Hi Cav,

BOT is looking very good.  You've added some nice 'every-day' details which make it really stand out.  What did you use for the platform retaining walls as they look superb?

Now you've got a bit of momentum it would be nice to see you make quite a bit of progress with the build.

Cheers

Lee 

Cheers Lee. I tend to have some time around Christmas. Its just keeping it up when work and family commitments take over thats the problem.

The platform walls are printed brick and blockwork that I made using the superb paperbrick website. Highly recommended and free to use.

• Like 1