Burton On Trent in N2

RBE

Cheers Andy,

The fleet so far is:

1 No Class 31/4 in rail blue (I also have a spare class 31 body that I am going to do as a dummy loco)

4 No Class 37/5 (1 No Buxton loco in Red Stripe Railfreight, 1 No Buxton loco in Construction Livery, 2 No Metals livery flush front locos)

1 No Pair of Class 43 HST power cars in IC exec

1 No Class 45 in BR Blue

4 No Class 47 (2 No in Railfreight Grey, 1 No in IC Mainline and 1 No in Large Logo Blue)

2 No Class 56 (1 No in BR Blue, 1 No in Triple Grey Coal)

1 No Class 58 in Railfreight Grey

1 No Class 60 in Petroleum Grey

1 No Class 156 Unit

So 16. Not doing bad really!

Edit:

Cheers Jeremy!

Thought it would be something interesting!

Very impressive mate.

Thanks Andy, I'm sure I have enough to run a reasonable service through BoT now. There are always more locos you'd like though eh. Like some class 20s and maybe a dutch loco or two!

• Like 1

Just been looking through Flickr and found this. Looks pretty grassy on the station on this. Must be around 1993 or 94 I reckon. The canopy looks to be in undercoat on this.

post-6894-0-87509700-1485549154_thumb.jpg

In this period the freight loops appear to have the cleaner ballast too however a little weedy which might look good on the layout.

• Like 6

I remember seeing that loco around in the early 90s.

I have thought of getting a 56 for my layout but  so far all of my trains are vacuum braked. I do like the look of the Dapol 56 but its a class of loco that i'm relatively unfamiliar with, in terms of detail features.

Well you can always ask me mate. I know a fair bit about the detail differences of the class!!

The Dapol loco is a decent model even though it does have dimensional issues here and there!

Well you can always ask me mate. I know a fair bit about the detail differences of the class!!

The Dapol loco is a decent model even though it does have dimensional issues here and there!

That's a very kind gesture that I think I will take you up on soon. Will probably do one of the ones that used to operate out of Bath Road.

• Like 1

The only item of stock thats a push really is the 45 having kippered it in July '88. I really like it though so I'm reluctant to get rid so I am running a stock period of '88 to '93

Edited by RBE
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

A quick pic taken of 56010 heading north with an MGR train, not sure why it's full though, obviously not just left Drakelow!!

post-6894-0-79718600-1488650844_thumb.jpg

Had a good day at Mansfield today demoing various modelling techniques. Had some good lengthy chats on the subject too. Hopefully I can get more modelling done tomorrow!!

• Like 15

Looking promising Cav

For added authenticity will you include the aroma of Curry from Kerry Foods across the rails?

Or maybe fine hops from Coors Molson?

Always a torture when waiting for a return after the DEMU.

Ian

It'd be Bass in those days, wouldn't it?

• Like 1

Cheers Marcus.

Do you know when the building behind the station became Coors Molson? The pics that I have from the period show the Coors Molson signs?

I'm pretty sure it was the late 1990's mate. Bass was owned by Interbrew prior to that.

A brewery update! The Ind Coope Brewery was sold to Bass in 1998 and now still brews under the Coors Molson brand so in my period it would have certainly neen Ind Coope Burton Brewery. Job done!

Thanks Peter. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Wish I'd got the grilles in better but you can't have everything! Haha.

Edited by RBE