Burton On Trent in N2

RBE

A picture of the progress so far on the buildings at the back of the station. Not sure who owns them but they sit in their own little yard/car park at rail level.

Still need to add a lean to canopy to the right building and maybe window mesh but not sure if it had mesh back in '92.

post-6894-0-22779200-1494973924_thumb.jpg

Edited by RBE
  • Like 11

A picture of the progress so far on the buildings at the back of the station. Not sure who owns them but they sit in their own little yard/car park at rail level.

Still need to add a lean to canopy to the right building and maybe window mesh but not sure if it had mesh back in '92.

attachicon.gif2017-05-16 23.23.20.jpg

The buildings belonged to BR and were used by either the Civil Engineers or the P Way departments but by 1992 they may have been sold off.In the fence that ran between these buildings and the goods line there was a small gate opposite the waiting room but again by 1992 this could have been removed.

Tim

Cheers Andy. I'm thinking that its a PW facility of some kind. I'm sure that Marcus can confirm this to me as he drives there pretty often.

It that where crew changes are done hence the gate?

Ok a bit of progress on the area today. It all looks very clean despite the greenery coming through the concrete. This will get bedded in as time goes on. I'm pretty pleased so far though so it will be onto some used debris in the yard and the security fence with it's associated greenery around that next and the infamous brewery pipeline above.

post-6894-0-07440900-1495407311_thumb.jpg

The eagle eyed will notice that the end of the rear wall is a separate item, this is a none fixed portion that fits into holes in the baseboard so that it can be removed to allow the overbridge to pivot up and be removed for track maintenance and derailments.

Edited by RBE
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm fairly certain I've seen Railtrack vehicles parked in this compound from time to time.

Andy

Yes, there was one in there today:

171406.jpg

And here's a couple of other snaps that may be of use:

171421.jpg

171453.jpg

171504.jpg

G.

Yes I saw the van in there myself while I was chin wagging with Marcus.

He confirmed that its not used for crew changes though so my idea to use the gate for operational interest has gone outvof the window. Cheers for the pics though. Very helpful.

Cheers Liam. First show is 16th September at Lichfield. Then its Pontefract at the end of January. The first one is a one dayer so will be a bit of a test for me and the layout that one, being its first show and all. Pontefract will be a more leisurely experience I feel.

Top work Bud. Nice to see the ultimate traction was used for the first runs. Only way to go. HaHa.

Unfortunately my 60 is still sat in its box waiting for a running in session. Great to meet up and have a chin wag the other day and apologies to Aex for keeping you away for a couple of hours.

All the best mate

Cheers

Marcus