Burton On Trent in N2

RBE

Hi mate,

Layout is looking great and you will have so much fun operating it on Saturday. You've captured the atmosphere of the location perfectly

And even if it's not quite finished, there will be that extra little something for people to see next time you take the layout to an exhibition.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Cav.

Really looking forward to seeing this in the flesh on Saturday. I'd offer to help but will have my 4 & 7 year olds with me and after 10 minutes they'll start twitching and touching things!

No worries Sam, my 11 year old daughter is coming along to help all being well. This will be an interesting first outing this!!

• Like 2

Thanks guys. Cars all packed. Just a few tweaks to do to stock tonight.

I'm affraid that the 45 won't be running Alex, didn't have time to do the dcc conversion.

Class :D

As highlighted by the East Lancashire Railway

".......All advertised workings are subject to availability

While every effort will be made to ensure the rostered locos or units are available and running to the advertised timetable, the ELR reserves the right to cancel or terminate any service or use alternative motive power without prior notice.,,,,,,,"

Have a good one Cav,

Ian

Edited by Crisis Rail

Extactly that Ian.

Well I've completed the remaining dcc conversions (not the 45 though) and ready to go. The layout isn't looking too bad. Still a lot to add but should have a good atmosphere tomorrow.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just returned home from the Lichfield show and all I can say is WOW! Cavan you have made a wonderful job in recreating Burton, and it certainly captures the station and surrounding area very well for me. Here's to hopefully winning best layout at show? Got my thumbs up. 

Managed to grab a couple of photos, although I have had to doctor them, as camera not the best on my phone! 

post-6838-0-44763800-1505571173_thumb.jpg

post-6838-0-22477100-1505571196_thumb.jpg

post-6838-0-83952800-1505571213_thumb.jpg

Cheers and looking forward to seeing BoT again very soon. Keep up the great work mate :sungum:

Anthony 

• Like 17

I have to agree with Anthony, BoT looks every bit as amazing in the flesh as it does online. Some stunning detailing - the office interiors are brilliant.

Great to talk to you Cav. Hope you managed to banish some of the gremlins.

Thanks Sam, yes the Gremlins were eradicated from the layout itself by lunch really but I had a lot of DCC issues which meant a limited roster. Still it made for interesting runs such as the 58 on the freightliner!!

Edited by RBE

• RMweb Premium

Grid 10 certainly looks a real beast. Shame I couldn't stick around to view this. Hopefully now it's first show is over, you have come away with a head full of ideas also you can concentrate on the areas that need finishing (hopefully at a little slower, less panicking pace!) I bet it's next outing will be faultless.

So the countdown is on...You have how long until BoT's next outing?? :O   

Cheers

Anthony 

• Like 1