Burton On Trent in N2

RBE

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Simon. I'm sure I will. The mojo has been pretty bad over the past year to be honest but getting things sorted for this show has given new imputus. Really enjoying getting back to it.

I have also confirmed BoT for DEMU this year which will certainly be a homecoming for the layout!

Will be great to see BoT at DEMU as hoping to get there this year with my layout .....

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Rich.

Yes the show went well. Will you be able to make DEMU?

Heres a little picture from today. 47550 waits in the platform as 56010 heads north with a hooded steel train and 56054 takes a break in the engineering sidings.

attachicon.gif20180128_211401.jpg

It a bit annoying a missed an opportunity to see BoT, when its close by. Might be able to get to DEMU, Cav. A friend and I have talked about going to this before.

Like the picture. I really must try and build something in 2mm, but seem to be surrounded by 4mm loco and rolling stock projects, and way too many of them, its also depressing. Might have to put it away, out of sight is out of mind, then get of with 2mm. Its the only viable scale in the small house!

• 4 weeks later...

So after what seems like an age I've finally gotten around to painting and weathering the BBA wagons. I've added flat slab loads by making strips from thick card and painting with various shades of acrylic paint from the games workshop range. Pretty pleased so far. Just couplers to add and maybe another flat coat of varnish.

post-6894-0-57868500-1519500839_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

I believe that you can still get them. They are from Slimrails. He still had some about a year ago. Not too badly priced either. About £10 a kit. You have to provide wheels and couplings though. I uaed Farish disc wheels which are very economical.

I tried to purchase some of the BBA wagon kits some time back but they weren't available. Perhaps if they can be convinced of sufficient demand they'll produce a new batch. Otherwise don't Dapol do a 4mm/OO version and maybe could be encouraged to shrink them down.

G

Fair enough. I got those about a year ago from a friend but I also enquired direct at the time and was offered a set at £10 per kit. I ended up getting the ones from the friend as he didn't want quite so much for them but they were definetly offered to me direct from Slimrails.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to starting on the characteristic pipework for the brewery last night. Just another couple of lengths like this one to do and then the actual pipework to be added using aluminium tube to represent the stainless steel tube of the prototype.

post-6894-0-75033600-1521443730_thumb.jpg

As with my previous bridge build for Millers Dale this is made from individual lengths of plastruct section. Pretty pleased with it so far. Once complete and the pipe added I will weather it to tie it all together and blend with the scene.

Edited by RBE
  • Like 12

• 1 month later...

A little bit of an update as I fill in the areas of the layout that need the scenery finishing.

This time the car garage on Moor Street. As this building is intersected by the baseboard edge as per the Normans music offices I have had to likewise slice through the building and build an interior. So some heavy weathering of the floor and a plethora of tires together with a car lift 3D printed on my new toy and all is looking good I reckon!

post-6894-0-75050100-1525004176_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-54941500-1525004192_thumb.jpg

• Like 10