Our new wheels

rapidotrains

This 1:1 scale modelling thing is not all it's made out to be....  And people think a DCC system is expensive!

I'm wondering if Rapido could qualify for lottery money.  My wife's father was born in London.  Does that count?

:jester:

This 1:1 scale modelling thing is not all it's made out to be....  And people think a DCC system is expensive!

I'm wondering if Rapido could qualify for lottery money.  My wife's father was born in London.  Does that count?

:jester:

The danger with 1 to 1 scale is that lesser scales eventually become unimportant. I used to military modelling in 1/76 but stopped when I started re-enacting.

The danger with 1 to 1 scale is that lesser scales eventually become unimportant. I used to military modelling in 1/76 but stopped when I started re-enacting.

It's the other way round for me at least. My models run a lot better and a lot less expensively than my long gone prototype, plus I can make them operate more frequently and in ways I like better.

Also the other way 'round for me. 1:1 military stuff lost most of its shine the first time the firing range went in both directions.

Archived