Station Cat goes to Bosnia, Croatia and Germany

station cat

Over the past couple of weeks I have been away on a vaguely circular tour of Europe. This was my itinerary:

29 May – Home (near Reading) to Cologne by train via London and Brussels

30 May – Cologne-Sarajevo on German Wings, 3 nights in Sarajevo

2 June – Train from Sarajevo to Zagreb

3 June – Overnight train from Zagreb to Munich

4 June - Morning train from Munich to Nuremberg, 3 nights in Nuremberg

7 June – Train to Ulm, 2 nights in Ulm

8 June – daytrip to Friedrichshafen

9 June – train from Ulm to home.

I plan to use this thread for my train pictures and to inflict the rest of my holiday snaps on Wheeltappers

The undercroft St Pancras, departure point for Eurostar

P1010647_zpset49onwm.jpg

Eurostar standard class interior

P1010648_zpshfsuashb.jpg

One of the new Eurostar sets was standing ina yard near Brussels but unfortunately I didn't photograph it. I did take a few pictures at Brussels Midi though. Nothing very exciting but I can post if anyone is interested.

Belgian railway poster at Brussels Midi. No idea what it's about but I thought it was fun

P1010653_zpsjaqygu4b.jpg

My ICE from Brussels to Cologne

P1010655_zps9kvbyk5r.jpg

ICE 2nd class interior

P1010656_zpskybqo3ff.jpg

I spent the night in Cologne which gave me a chance to photograph the iconic Hohenzollerrn Brucke. Nowadays it is a major site for love locks - couples attach them to structures (normally bridges) to symbolise their love for each other.

S-Bahn train on the bridge

P1010662_zpsghkp4bub.jpg

Grafitti on the bridge

P1010664_zps206ok5xk.jpg

ICE at Cologne Hauptbahnhof

P1010674_zpsjpdjdd04.jpg

Again I have more pictures of Cologne if anyone wants, nothing all that exciting though.

Hi s c,

Always interested in seeing pictures of European railways, please!

I'm fairly sure the ICEs you saw were ICE3's, you can tell that lovely sloping profile straight away but the front window ending square, indicates a 3 ! If it were ending in a point, then likely to be a Tilt version.

Cheers,

John E.

I think they were 3s too. There is actually an exhibit at the DB museum in Nuremberg showing the different nose profiles but I missed photographing it. The Brussels-Frankfurt run always seems to be an ICE 3 and feels very fast indeed.

• RMweb Premium

I think they were 3s too. There is actually an exhibit at the DB museum in Nuremberg showing the different nose profiles but I missed photographing it. The Brussels-Frankfurt run always seems to be an ICE 3 and feels very fast indeed.

Yes, those were ICE 3 sets you captured there. Services to Brussels and Paris are worked with the multi system variant known as Class 406, while 15 kV AC only sets are designated Class 403.

Archived