Locomotion Models announce D8000 and King George V models

Andy Y

I'm sure that Locomotion will be able to comment on any views expressed in this thread and elsewhere regarding their pricing policy

Mike, thanks for sharing.

Is there an intended "not" missing from that sentence?

By the way, the serif font (Italicized Times?) is a bit hard on the eyes. The default sans serif is much more readable.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

"Do the Locomotion".....Old song going though my head when I read this thread  :locomotive:

Yes, but which version of that particularly persistent ear worm?

Little Eva, Kylie Minogue, Grand Funk Railroad? I wonder just how many covers it had?

Written by the very prolific Goffin-King team in the early 60s music factory around the Brill Building while working for Donny Kirshner.

Apparently Carole King recorded it at one time. Fitting since she wrote it.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

• RMweb Gold

Mike, thanks for sharing.

Is there an intended "not" missing from that sentence?

By the way, the serif font (Italicized Times?) is a bit hard on the eyes. The default sans serif is much more readable.

No, no missing 'not' - I remain sure that they would indeed be able to comment (somehow or other) on their pricing policy for their exclusive models should the need arise but it might not come as a response in this thread and I don't think they would have too much to add to what I said on that aspect.  But note my use of the word 'policy' - that is obviously not the same thing as debating in any way the price of an individual model - that is obviously a commercial decision within their overall policy.

I bought the Hornby Mag / Bachmann limited edition twin set of D8000 and D8001.

I know it sold out, as I bought one of the very last sets, about 5 yrs ago I think.?

So I won't be in the market for one of the Locomotion models I'm afraid, and neither will any other purchasers of that twin set, possibly.

That said, I'm sure it will sell to collectors again, and sit on a shelf or in a box somewhere. I prefer to run the locos I buy, but everyone to their own I suppose.

Yes, but which version of that particularly persistent ear worm?

Little Eva, Kylie Minogue, Grand Funk Railroad? I wonder just how many covers it had?

Written by the very prolific Goffin-King team in the early 60s music factory around the Brill Building while working for Donny Kirshner.

Apparently Carole King recorded it at one time. Fitting since she wrote it.

Kylie of course......

• 3 weeks later...

...and of course purchase of some truly awful product from the Stock Aitken Waterman Hit Factory (the "S" fell off the sign) also subsequently did much for railway preservation. Funny old world innit?!

C6T.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I will be sending emails to everyone who has their name on my list for a Class 20 DCC Ready today.  A delivery is on it's way and hopefully will arrive this morning.  Sound to follow in a couple of weeks.  If you haven't reserved one and don't want to miss out, can you send me a message on here or ring my mobile 07766 785333. (I'm working from home)

They will go on the website on Saturday morning and I wanted to sort out all the pre orders first!

Cheers

Sandra

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Locomotion Models for providing a review sample of D8000 in its gloss finish.

RMweb10024.jpg

RMweb10025.jpg

I'm normally averse to gloss finishes but this looks quite fetching in its polished ex-works condition.

• Like 2

RMweb10021.jpg

RMweb10022.jpg

Locomotion Models have also kindly provided an unpowered review sample of the pre-production decorated King George V in its limited edition guise which means an opportunity for you to take a close look at the forthcoming King. It is anticipated that delivery of the model, priced at £159.99 will be available early autumn.

RMweb10002.jpg

RMweb10003.jpg

RMweb10004.jpg

RMweb10005.jpg

RMweb10006.jpg

RMweb10007.jpg

RMweb10008.jpg

RMweb10009.jpg

RMweb10010.jpg

RMweb10011.jpg

RMweb10012.jpg

RMweb10013.jpg

RMweb10014.jpg

RMweb10015.jpg

RMweb10016.jpg

RMweb10017.jpg

RMweb10018.jpg

RMweb10019.jpg

• Like 16

That first photo of the King is I think the only time I've genuinely had to have a proper second look to determine if it's the real one or not- I scrolled past it to get to the photos of the model the first time before something clicked and I went "hang on a minute"- and it still took a second or two to spot the giveaways! I hope they can replicate that paint finish in production, it's something quite special (and like Mr York, I'm not usually a fan of gloss finishes).

• RMweb Gold

That first photo of the King is I think the only time I've genuinely had to have a proper second look to determine if it's the real one or not- I scrolled past it to get to the photos of the model the first time before something clicked and I went "hang on a minute"- and it still took a second or two to spot the giveaways! I hope they can replicate that paint finish in production, it's something quite special (and like Mr York, I'm not usually a fan of gloss finishes).

Made me do a double take, I half expected to see Andy Y on the footplate ;)

Hopefully that front NEM socket is removable.

Those photos remind me of the MRJ 'Loco Portfolios' (IIRC), photo spreads which featured stunning scratch and kit builds by the most highly talented modellers. That really is a very impressive model.