Locomotion Models announce D8000 and King George V models

Andy Y

My NRM one is it its box and will emerge when I feel like going Western Region. My blue one is well down the queue for a decent sound decoder because I haven’t seen one that takes my fancy yet. My GWR one is still in China, waiting for Hornby to sort out its paint finish.

• RMweb Premium

I'm planning on having the Locomotion one in a sealed single track display diorama box to keep its high gloss nice and shiny, I have also ordered the Steam one from DJModels which will most likely stay in its box.

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure if this should be posted here but seems appropiate.

Got my KGV Model when first shipped but only just started running it. I've noticed that when the tender is coupled up to the loco, it lifts the first axle of the tender and only a fraction of the wheel flange is in contact with the rails, when running in reverse it always derails. I would imagine unscrewing the screw for the coupling bar every so slightly could resolve it but i'm concerned it would work loose? Any oppinions/advice appreciated as I don't really want to be sending it off anywhere.

Got my KGV Model when first shipped but only just started running it. I've noticed that when the tender is coupled up to the loco, it lifts the first axle of the tender and only a fraction of the wheel flange is in contact with the rails, when running in reverse it always derails. I would imagine unscrewing the screw for the coupling bar every so slightly could resolve it but i'm concerned it would work loose? Any oppinions/advice appreciated as I don't really want to be sending it off anywhere.

I bent the connecting bar slightly on my two 'Kings' so that the loco drivers sat properly on the track, but there isn't much play. It must be the screws have shallower collars but I've not looked.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

So I have just been emailing with Sandra at Locomotion Models. Way back when the King was first announced, I reserved a model. When it eventually became available, I was unable financially to complete the purchase. Sandra said she would keep it aside for me until I had the funds available. Since this was now almost 4 months ago, I had given up hope of getting the one I had reserved, thinking that they would only hold it for a short period.

Having talked to Sandra today, I find that she has held it all this time for me, and will be completing purchase next week.

I would just like to thank Sandra immensely for doing such a great job as a customer service worker and she is a great asset to Locomotion Models.

I had some difficulty with the website( on a number of occasions) when trying to obtain their class 20 D8000 I eventually emailed Locomotion and received a very apologetic reply from Sandra giving me contact details. I ended up ringing her, gave her the card details.....job done. Picked up the model from the Post Box today, absolute cracker, love the ex-works finish. I agree Hilux she is an excellent ambassador for Locomotion.

Rgds......Mike

I had the same problem with mine and it wouldn't pull 2 mark 1's on a 3rd radius curve without slipping, a slight loosening of the screw did the job and it works fine, the screw hasn't come loose yet.

I had some difficulty with the website( on a number of occasions) when trying to obtain their class 20 D8000 I eventually emailed Locomotion and received a very apologetic reply from Sandra giving me contact details. I ended up ringing her, gave her the card details.....job done. Picked up the model from the Post Box today, absolute cracker, love the ex-works finish. I agree Hilux she is an excellent ambassador for Locomotion.

Rgds......Mike

Thanks Mike ... We do try!!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...