Wellington Street

Mike

Although the new playroom isn't ready and won't be for another couple of weeks I just couldn't wait to a least make a start and take a break from site clearance.

The new layout will be a whole 6feet plus fiddle yard by 14 inches at its narrowest opening to 16inches at its widest. I have also and this is a first for me, purchased some laser cut baseboards and control boards from Grange and Hodder and I'm suitably impressed with them.

post-185-0-18583900-1434622611_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-63614700-1434622565.jpg

post-185-0-33749700-1434622577.jpg

post-185-0-98241400-1434622590.jpg

Nice bit of kit those lazer cut control units look. And a nice little layout plan.

Is the Layout board lazer cut to the curve profile as per the plan?

These flat pack lazer cut boards are the future of getting the bones of a model Railway up. With precision that many can't master, With basic home tools a base board can be together in an afternoon some modelers take a life time to get there No excuses now.

Nice bit of kit those lazer cut control units look. And a nice little layout plan.

Is the Layout board lazer cut to the curve profile as per the plan?

No the boards are retangular so I will be adding the curved front as this will only have scenics.;)

First two baseboards built and pattern makers dowels fitted. They are light,strong, square, flat and connect perfectly. I'll post a couple of photos on the morrow. Well pleased. :imsohappy:

First two baseboards built and pattern makers dowels fitted. They are light,strong, square, flat and connect perfectly. I'll post a couple of photos on the morrow. Well pleased. :imsohappy:

Looks interesting Mike, will follow with interest.

Alan.

A couple of happy snaps to show completed baseboards, the pattern makers dowels are from Station Road Baseboards whoose service is superb.

I'll second that. I ordered some sector plate and traverser parts from them on Tuesday morning, got an e-mail to say they'd been posted that afternoon, and they arrived second class post yesterday. Very well packed too.

Well today another small step has been taken in that the company who will deliver and erect my new playroom will take down and remove the old tired existing shed. OK, not for free, but to take down and remove inclusive of tipping cost and V.A.T. £115 which I consider a bargin. So the saga begins........:)

• RMweb Gold

Well today another small step has been taken in that the company who will deliver and erect my new playroom will take down and remove the old tired existing shed. OK, not for free, but to take down and remove inclusive of tipping cost and V.A.T. £115 which I consider a bargin. So the saga begins........ :)

Having moved a lot of rotting fence panels yesterday afternoon, I agree with you.

Mike.

I like your new project and look forward to watching its progress. I see this is going to be another industrial type layout like your others. Baseboards look very good indeed and seem to have slotted together quickly and securely. Not bad eh.

Rod

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's all stop on the project as the new playroom won't be on site until the 30th July. I haven't been idle though as I have been busy building a workstation in readiness for the great day. Although nowhere near the size of my old workbench it's far more practical and being smaller I will need to exercise good housekeeping. Unfortunately not my strong point but, having cleared my old workshop of 30years of grot and fester I am determined not to accumulate anymore junk. :no:

Just some photos of the work station. I've just bunged a few tools on for effect. The work tray is removable so I can sit at the garden table and enjoy bodging in the fresh air and the whole thing has been built from recycled timber from the old shed bench and wall lining. total cost-zero other than my time and all ready for the new shed on the 30th. Oh and as you can see I have been doing a bit of bodging on the control panel, well cut a hole and fitted the controller. :imsohappy:

post-185-0-73135700-1436454001.jpg

post-185-0-54098200-1436454014_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-58023500-1436454029_thumb.jpg

Tortoise or similar.

What system are you planning to use to control you points?

However my head hurts as believe it or not I've been thinking. I'm still going to model Wellington Street in 7mm but now it will be narrow gauge. After-all I have built point work, I have the boards and I have most of the stock. As Monty Python said, " and now for something completely different". Why the change? well it allows me to develop the the scenic side so I can indulge in a few more ideas. Isn't modelling fun? :dontknow:

Archived