Wellington Street

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I have already posted the following in the auto couplings thread but, as it shows shunting on Wellington Street at the West Midlands G scale show I thought why not post it here. As you know the layout is analogue DC controlled but, I think the control shown on the video is pretty good.

Shunting on Wellington Street at G scale West Midlands Exhibition Saturday 11th February.

Very smooth running Mike, but I would expect that from that loco. I think the absence of sound doesn't matter given the background noise and I frequently find analogue running to be smoother and more reliable than DCC unless a monster "stay-alive" unit is fitted in the latter. I have been  contemplating an auto-coupler system for a while  and I must admit that your tension-lock system, which I think Rod also uses, is simple, robust and reliable.

Regards,

Chris

Thanks Chris, all my locos run as well as the Fowler. I really should invest in a Peckett but, I will not be going to Kettering as the Leamington show is on the same day and I will be at the East Anglia show the following weekend. Can't have too many days out or SWBO will not be amused. ;)

Yes I too have gone down that Route after seeking advice from Mike and others Chris.  I used nems so I can switch 3 linc about but as I add them to my TL I don't think I'll be bothering.

Only difficulty I had was when fixing one of the TL's in I got it off level leaving the push-bar dipped.  I'm going to have to leave that permanently coupled up or get the BIG HAMMER out and fix it.

Also think I'll use a more adjustable/quick grab glue if I can find one, Araldite is just too hard. .I might give my hot glue gun a try as I dismissed that because I could peel the TL off without too much effort.

Thinking about it now there won't be too much stress and if one comes off well I always have my hot-glue-gun handy to re-fit it again. :sungum:

They do work well and are not too obvious when working.

Best

Archived