Wellington Street

Mike

Yesterday was one of those oh bu**er moments when having drawn the track diagram on the boards I found that no amount of jiggery  pockery could the actual point work fit :ireful:   . So I have gone back to the drawing board and come up with a new cunning plan and it works. I have started to lay the track to the new diagram and will post some pics over the weekend.;)

Made a start on boards 2&3 with  boards 1&4 still to do. The track work with card infill on board 2  has all the feeds done but board 3 is only loose laid as I have run out of fishplates and with no model shop near at hand it will probably stay that way until after Christmas.

post-185-0-68293700-1450546179.jpg

post-185-0-15554800-1450546195.jpg

Just managed to sneak a bit of modelling time and test the multi-way plug and socket from the control panel. Joy of joys it works, point motors fire over, just need to find where I put the CDU so I can finish the panel. smile.gif

All track laying  and all electrical feeds now completed. Card infills about 3/4 complete so over the next few days baseboards will be turned over so that all the under board wiring can be completed. I'm really pleased with the way wagons can be sent free-wheeling through all the point work with absolutely no derailing or wheel drop through the frogs. :)

Oh! still haven't found the CDU.

All track laying  and all electrical feeds now completed. Card infills about 3/4 complete so over the next few days baseboards will be turned over so that all the under board wiring can be completed. I'm really pleased with the way wagons can be sent free-wheeling through all the point work with absolutely no derailing or wheel drop through the frogs. :)

Oh! still haven't found the CDU.

Ahhh but I have found the CDU hiding in my garage (Mom has probably told you). I shall bring it round tomorrow - can I scrounge a bit of wire I can use to modify the tone circuit on my Stratocater please?

Ahhh but I have found the CDU hiding in my garage (Mom has probably told you). I shall bring it round tomorrow - can I scrounge a bit of wire I can use to modify the tone circuit on my Stratocater please?

No problems, in fact you can have a choice of colour - white, yellow, black, green or red.

Thanks Guys, today has been spent trying to find someone to repair the Studio Shed - the one my Wife has, which had the roofing felt blown of in the recent high winds. You would have thought it a simple task but it seems that everyone is too busy, so I might have to carry out the work myself and I hate ladders. On the layout there will be at least 2 manufacturers producing components for the Reely Grate Fulminator. Namely novo-trunions and inter-rossiters, after all although the previous layouts have gone to a new home I can't let the historical work slip bye now can I? ;)

Today after a very wet and muddy game of golf I have been fitting micro switches to point motors as the inbuilt switches are just not up to the job. Sometimes OK other times not, so the micro switches are to improve reliability and so far so good with a 100% success rate. Now it's back to testing trains.wink.gif or should that read playing trains. smile.gif

You know, I'm not impressed with all this sexism.

It's not only the ladies that can multitask, I'll have you know.

I know loads of blokes that can simultaneously sit at a bar, drink beer, break wind and talk bo77ocks.

Best

Simon

Well I'm glad I've finished the wiring it's not my favourite part of layout building. I can now crack on with the painting, ballasting, buildings, etc. although I will not be rushing the next phase so please don't expect giant leaps for mankind just small easy steps for me. wink.gif

• RMweb Gold

Best wishes for the new year Mike. Layout building is not a race.

Whenever I see that bit of Black Country on your signature it reminds me of my old friend Steve Naylor. A great builder of locos. I have heard him say that many a time. The other phrase I remember was a young lady forever saying weem gorra ...

Don

Well it's a bit of a double edged sword as Primrose Hill( my old micro) was destined to appear in the February 0 Gauge Guild Gazette. Just been informed that this will not happen as it is now due to appear in the new Small Layouts Booklet which will appear in May. :)

Archived