Wellington Street

Mike

Hello Mike,

What a superb layout this is going to be - not that I would expect anything less from you. Great modelling, great Character and really good workmanship. Looking forward to seeing this in the next GOG booklet. In fact I think it deserves a booklet of its own.

Rod

Guest Isambarduk

" I have mostly been trying to break lumps of coal ..."

I have found that molegrips are a great tool for crushing particularly obstinate coal, as long as you don't have tons to do; I am normally crushing only sufficient to 'fill' a tender.    David

Such a pleasant morning thought I would have a play instead of getting on with the scenic work. I noticed even the tally clerk had done a runner.

post-185-0-33609800-1465133972.jpg

post-185-0-64910800-1465133947.jpg

post-185-0-49493600-1465134000.jpg

post-185-0-09968100-1465134056.jpg

post-185-0-02168600-1465134031.jpg

Staithes coaled, Early type Williams point lever installed- still no ballast hey ho. :derisive: 

Ballasting not one of my favourite jobs I'd sooner watch paint dry or cut my wrists, but that would make a mess of the baseboards. Hopefully it will be finished by the weekend after a visit to the 7mm Narrow gauge show  in Burton. Phoenix figures and a few other bits'n'bobs on the agenda, the one advantage of having worked for B.R. I get free rail travel, couple that with my free bus pass and it's a no brainer. It's great being a senior and before you ask how old, I remember the big four and nationalisation not just the railways but coal and canals. Of course I was born at a very early age. :mosking:

Currently hacking about an ex- military Bedford for civilian use ; its a cross between an early Army and a later RAF version. Slightly under scale at 1/48 not 1/43, but what the heck.

post-185-0-17521300-1465559006.jpg

post-185-0-97831500-1465559017.jpg

Note to self: Find the side lights that pinged out of the tweezers off into the ether, well the darkest corners of the work shop.

Currently hacking about an ex- military Bedford for civilian use ; its a cross between an early Army and a later RAF version. Slightly under scale at 1/48 not 1/43, but what the heck.

attachicon.gifbedford1.jpg

attachicon.gifbedford2.jpg

Note to self: Find the side lights that pinged out of the tweezers off into the ether, well the darkest corners of the work shop.

Hi Mike,

Could you tell me the name of the lorry kit and manufacturer please.

A similar lorry might look nice on four candles.

Dougal.

Hi Mike,

Could you tell me the name of the lorry kit and manufacturer please.

A similar lorry might look nice on four candles.

Dougal.

It's an Airfix Kit although I think it may be out of production. I think there are some still available via EBay at around £13  which is about twice what they where originally.

• 3 weeks later...

I hate painting figures, but needs must when the devil ..etc. So here's the latest update. Oh and the gap between the boards is because they haven't been bolted up tight yet. ;)

post-185-0-38682200-1467473462.jpg

post-185-0-56617800-1467473486.jpg

post-185-0-61064400-1467473498.jpg

p.s. ballasting now completed. yeah.

Hi Mike,

Lovely detailed work as usual and the whole thing has atmosphere, more so as the little bits and bobs are added.

Can I please ask, was it yourself who sourced some of his figures from a French website? It may of been someone else, it's just they had such a variety and the castings were very good, but I can't find the site now!!!! :-(

Jinty ;)

I no I said no more shows until Warley NEC in November but I have just accepted an invite to Solihull Model Railway Circle Exhibition on 12th November as it's just a couple of miles away from home. It will be a shake down test before the big one. I have also changed the plugs and sockets between control panel and adjoining baseboards a job I have been putting off for far to long, silly really as it only took about 15minutes even allowing for dropping pliers etc..

Wellington Street will be attending: Solihull 12th Nov 2016 and Warley 26/27th Nov 2016., East Anglian Model Railway Exhibition 11/12th March 2017. GlosGog Hardwicke  19th March 2017 and NewGoG 16th April. there may be more but don't tell the Wife. ;)

Archived