London Festival of Railway Modelling - Ally Pally - 27/28th March

Scale7JB

I am there with the one of the MRC layouts. Feel free to say hello if I am on a wonder since I will be inside for my shifts on panel.

Tube engineering works are the following:

• no circle line
  • no Hammersmith and city between baker street and hammersmith
  • no district line between earls court and Edgware road
  • no victoria line
  • no northern line between tooting bec and morden

apparently Saturday only could be sunday to

• no jubilee line between west hampstead and stanmore
  • no metropolitan line between harrow on the hill and aldgate

From the tubes 6 month planned closure list.

Do check national rail for any other engineering works.

See you there.

• RMweb Premium

I am there with the one of the MRC layouts. Feel free to say hello if I am on a wonder since I will be inside for my shifts on panel.

Tube engineering works are the following:

• no circle line
  • no Hammersmith and city between baker street and hammersmith
  • no district line between earls court and Edgware road
  • no victoria line
  • no northern line between tooting bec and morden
  • apparently Saturday only
  • no jubilee line between west hampstead and stanmore
  • no metropolitan line between harrow on the hill and aldgate

From the tubes 6 month planned closure list.

Do check national rail for any other engineering works.

See you there.

Does the London Underground bother to operate any trains at all on a weekend any more? One thing is for certain, with the Victoria Line shut, because of the number of tourists in the City, central London tubes will be effectively unusable. There seems to be more passengers on a Sat/Sun now than on a weekday rush hour!!

I am currently planning to come up and laugh at the Bachmann scrum on the Sunday but that is currently awaiting developments...

Does the London Underground bother to operate any trains at all on a weekend any more? One thing is for certain, with the Victoria Line shut, because of the number of tourists in the City, central London tubes will be effectively unusable. There seems to be more passengers on a Sat/Sun now than on a weekday rush hour!!

I am currently planning to come up and laugh at the Bachmann scrum on the Sunday but that is currently awaiting developments...

and to add no thameslink between london bridge and St Pancras International.

• RMweb Premium

Hi, I'll be there with the other half. She quite enjoyed it last year, and asked whether we'd be going this year! Only gripe was last year hardly anywhere to sit for a break. Previous year to that there was some seating in the small hall. I'll be driving, so hopefully no jams to contend with. Looking for bits for the layout in progress (Burntmills), mainly detailing and scenics. Soon be upon us, the year's just rushing by.

Regards,

Rob

Hi, I'll be there with the other half. She quite enjoyed it last year, and asked whether we'd be going this year! Only gripe was last year hardly anywhere to sit for a break. Previous year to that there was some seating in the small hall. I'll be driving, so hopefully no jams to contend with. Looking for bits for the layout in progress (Burntmills), mainly detailing and scenics. Soon be upon us, the year's just rushing by.

Regards,

Rob

In the great hall from previous years there were seating in the corners next to the organ were the cafes were and they might be some more in the west hall with the brm theater. thi

Less than a month to go - time to keep calm and carry on freak out and panic! blink.gif Van is booked, helpers are mostly sorted, lots of last-minute work going on with stock though!!

We're booked to be there with the main RS Tower layout plus about 25' of Freemo modules (Neil Rogers' Oakdale and Dale Yard modules plus a few "plain scenery" ones) forming a branch line.

We'll be modelling modern (post millenium) operations at this show with BNSF and CN fleets to the fore plus a lot of shortline/regional representation, although as usual almost anything can turn up and quite possibly will! There's even been rumours of a steam special...

So, big time railroading, small time railroading, modern mega-railroading and an occasional glimpse of the classic? Something for everyone? Well, probably no B*** P*******'s biggrin.gif

post-6762-126754255046_thumb.jpg

More layout pics online at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28702406@N06/sets/72157623004041427/

Anyone else going??

I'll be going this year, quite looking forward to it as it'll be my first big show for a few years.

EDIT: just had a look at the list of layouts. Only 3 in 2mm/N and no modern UK outline N? :(

I will be there with West London Parcels.

1970's BR(S) in '00' with 3rd rail, including but not limited to, an assortment of EMUs, various Class 33s and some parcels stock.

See you there

• 2 weeks later...

Those that have freedom passes and the like plus travelcards the W3 bus goes to Alexander Palace from the BR station and Wood Green Tube station Palm court stop is next to the main entrance. I am there with Centenary Park Road so do say Hi if I am there or on a wonder. Looking forward in seeing RS Tower, Wibbe's layout again and Buckingham and Hardwick Grange and Crumley & Little Wickhill.

List of layouts:

OO

• Borchester Market
  • Canons Cross
  • Dava
  • Duke Street
  • Hardwick Grange
  • Centenary Park Road
  • Montague Field
  • Tri-ang Hornby Collection
  • West London Parcels

• Coverdale
  • Eagles Nest
  • Happisburgh
  • Lyoncross Colliery
  • Mill Street
  • New Sherwood Junction
  • Pistyll Graig Ddu
  • Rushen Valley

EM

• Ascott under Wychwood
  • Auchinraith
  • Cornwallis Yard
  • Minories
  • Wibdenshaw

HO

• Bear Creek Junction
  • Hohtenn
  • Putnam Yard
  • Roundhouse
  • RS Tower

G

• Ormsgill
  • Whiteleaf Garden RailwayN
  • Colditz StadtZ
  • Cuyahoga

OO9

• Buccabury Town
  • Crumley & Little Wickhill

0-14

• Calstock (Cotehele)

O-16.5

• Stubbswood Quay

3-14.2

• Wantage Tramway

2MM

• Copenhagen Fields
  • Highbury Colliery

S7

• Ellerton Road

Tn3

• Larpool and Easington

P4

• Mostyn

I:50

• Pempoul

1:25

• Wipers

• RMweb Gold

Hello :)

It sounds like fun. Im there on Saturday doing a demo on the 2mmSA stand (again!).

Missy :)

Judging by your exquisite (and miniscule) working 2mm ground signal I saw on Saturday I can't wait to see how thick your glasses are....... ;)

One week and One day before the show if you gonto the shows site there is £1 off on the door tickets copoun:

shows site

is there going to be meet or not.

This time next week I should be doing my impression of "white van man" headed towards London... cool.gif Time for the last tweaks tomorrow, loading thursday night, pick up a couple of Modules & some stock in Dorset on the way up on Friday, aiming to arrive for setup just after lunchtime.

We're stand 180 in the West Hall - so on the minus side no chance of taking the van inside to unload - on the plus side I think we get to stand on carpet! biggrin.gif

Archived