Moves at Limoges and other French Photos

jamie92208

• RMweb Premium

The good news is that Curfew has now lifted to 2300 so on Thursday evening Andy and I celebrated by heading for Ruffec station, planning to watch the usual parade of evening freights.   What did the poet say about the best laid plans of mice and men.  I got there shortly before 7pm  in time for a southbound local.   This was closely followed by this loco, towing a tamper.

P6101144.JPG.f1fed1f534d5decd9ae305bfc88fb93b.JPG

It is I believe an ex DB class 211 and had the word Olichon at the rear.  Olichon is a subsidiary of TSO the maintenance company so this might be 182-623-8 but it didn't have the big blue TSO roundels on it.

Then a northbound local came in, one of the relatively new Regiolis units.

P6101147.JPG.adc481461d1f06a2f3546de76e8a405a.JPG

There was much evidence of ongoing work on the station with raised platforms and the various works for ramps and the footbridge ongoing.  A works team appeared and I managed to talk to the Chef du Gare who informed me that there would be no more trains till 10pm.  Obviously some sort of possession was going to be  put in place.

Andy and I then decided to head to the LGV maintenance base at Villognon about 10 miles south to see if the yellow 211 had ended up there.  The whole base was almost deserted with nothing visible.  Another change of plan and  went and sat by the LGV for half an hour.   3 TGV's were seen.  Finally we headed back north to see the 10pm freight near where Andy lives.  Sure enough at 21.55 this appeared.

P6101149.JPG.d90542d73479484785f00fb19dc66b93.JPG

Working wrong line but heading north. The number was 37020, which is a first in class for me. Not a very good photo I'm afraid.

A good evening was had but not what was planned.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold
On 04/06/2021 at 08:49, jamie92208 said:

Enough talk of reptiles.  Some days ago the subject of the line from Pau in France to Canfranc in Spain cropped up in another thread.  To stop thread drift I offered to answer some questions here.  The line was standard gauge from Pau to Canfranc with a tunnel under the frontier.  The station at Canfranc  was vast and allegedly a haunt of smugglers and nere do wells.  The station had standard gauge on it's eastern side and broad gauge on the west.  The line in Spain is known as the Goya line.   In 1970 a freight train on the French side ran away and demolished a viaduct at Estanguet.  The French closed their section of line south of Oloron and for many years there has been a bus service from Canfranc to Oloron.  There have been many schemes to reopen the line and in 2016 the French reconstructed 27km of line south to Bedous. The track and electrification had been left intact.  For many years the rather sparse service on the Spanish side has used a temporary terminus due to the state of the old building.   The Spanish have now rebuilt the station at Canfranc.  The enourmous station is being made into a hotel which is due to open in 2022.  

A completely new station has been built alongside to the east of the old station, a plan is reproduced here from Rail Passion magazine.

cancfranc.jpg.7c253ed248f611cd052335fece815d56.jpg

There are 3 tracks for passengers and 4 for future freight traffic.  All have been laid to Iberian gauge but of polyvalent sleepers so that conversion to standard gauge is easy.   The plan is to regauge the Spanish line as far as Heusca.   The work to rebuild the viaduct in France and reopen the through line is now coted and the latest plan is for it to open in 2025.   One of the main drivers for the project is for freight traffic from the Zaragoza area to France.   I don't know is any of the old Midi 4700 Bo Bo's are still operational but it would be lovely to see one on the opening of the new line. This has been condensed from articles in Rail Passion  and the June edition of Todays Railways Europe.

Jamie

Thanks for that Jamie. Canfranc is such an intriguing place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 04/06/2021 at 08:49, jamie92208 said:

Enough talk of reptiles.  Some days ago the subject of the line from Pau in France to Canfranc in Spain cropped up in another thread.  To stop thread drift I offered to answer some questions here.  The line was standard gauge from Pau to Canfranc with a tunnel under the frontier.  The station at Canfranc  was vast and allegedly a haunt of smugglers and nere do wells.  The station had standard gauge on it's eastern side and broad gauge on the west.  The line in Spain is known as the Goya line.   In 1970 a freight train on the French side ran away and demolished a viaduct at Estanguet.  The French closed their section of line south of Oloron and for many years there has been a bus service from Canfranc to Oloron.  There have been many schemes to reopen the line and in 2016 the French reconstructed 27km of line south to Bedous. The track and electrification had been left intact.  For many years the rather sparse service on the Spanish side has used a temporary terminus due to the state of the old building.   The Spanish have now rebuilt the station at Canfranc.  The enourmous station is being made into a hotel which is due to open in 2022.  

A completely new station has been built alongside to the east of the old station, a plan is reproduced here from Rail Passion magazine.

cancfranc.jpg.7c253ed248f611cd052335fece815d56.jpg

There are 3 tracks for passengers and 4 for future freight traffic.  All have been laid to Iberian gauge but of polyvalent sleepers so that conversion to standard gauge is easy.   The plan is to regauge the Spanish line as far as Heusca.   The work to rebuild the viaduct in France and reopen the through line is now coted and the latest plan is for it to open in 2025.   One of the main drivers for the project is for freight traffic from the Zaragoza area to France.   I don't know is any of the old Midi 4700 Bo Bo's are still operational but it would be lovely to see one on the opening of the new line. This has been condensed from articles in Rail Passion  and the June edition of Todays Railways Europe.

Jamie

There was a good TV documentary about Canfranc aired a few months ago.

It has always been a political subject, with France, Spain and the EU involved. I think that they will have to introduce/re-route some freight just to look like the huge expense involved both sides is worth it. To have any chance of really making it work, standard gauge should be provided further south than Huesca.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

It's been raining a lot over the past couple of weeks but I have managed to have a couple of hours on Ruffec station whilst allegedly being on shopping trips.  17th June it certainly rained to the point that I couldn't here trains coming but this convoy of light engines was put through the back road heading north.

P6171154.JPG.59ea9a9fe1688fe17a4420e2984f9fba.JPG

22292 hauling 67544 and 67283

I gave up after that, and got the necessary shopping.

I managed to get out yesterday 22nd June, and was amply rewarded.  Quite a bit of rain was around but it stopped and the wind was light so I was able to hear the bell in the signal box on the platform to say that a train was approaching (5 minute warning).  One freight with 27019 hauling 27020 dead in train was closely followed by two class 69's.

Here the rear one is seen heading towards the footbridge that now has the lift towers installed, though I've managed to crop them out of the photo with the long lens.

P6221168.JPG.f0e6d82ae60700bffcb80c85805e3201.JPG

40 minutes later a 27008 appeared heading north light engine.

P6221170.JPG.155bc8fd005bbaad0fed59a3984f23cc.JPG

5 minutes later to round the afternoon off a mixed freight hauled by 27081 came north.

3 locos underlined, not a bad afternoon.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Interesting thanks. That's some seriously old and rusty OHL infrastructure. I can see why photos taken overhead can be difficult. Do you know why the platform lamps continue beyond the platform on the right of the 69400s? The usable platform is lower compared to the one you are standing on, but presumably still higher than some hidden by foliage? Do 6 coach trains still stop there?

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Interesting thanks. That's some seriously old and rusty OHL infrastructure. I can see why photos taken overhead can be difficult. Do you know why the platform lamps continue beyond the platform on the right of the 69400s? The usable platform is lower compared to the one you are standing on, but presumably still higher than some hidden by foliage? Do 6 coach trains still stop there?

The platforms were long enough for double TGV's. At the moment they are raising all three but they will be much shorter, probably about 6 car. That far bit of platform 1 is what is currently in use. Yes the OHLE IS OLD, commissioned in 1938 when this section was wired. I was playing with the long lens and it really does bring detail into focus.

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Good moaning from a slightly damp Charente.   The curfew was finally lifted at the end of June so Andy and I celebrated by heading out to Poitiers for an afternoon and evening of trainspotting.  I headed up to where we meet at St Saviol, the next station north of Ruffec.  I had an hour or so to wait for Andy so first of all ate my Scampi and Chips.  Two local services went past obviously using single line working, then at 14.55 the usual Infra train headed north behind one of the usual suspects, namely 22292.

P7011188_resize.JPG.28e7fa605e39f042503483e4d94a9c7f.JPG

The Armee de l'aire were playing our as well.  I think that this is one of the airbus transports.

P7011189_resize.JPG.7dff3f94c66fe8c8dbbc738e5b8b8f8a.JPG

Andy then arrived so we set off to Poitiers.   Not a lot of freight activity but there is still at least one working for the pair of Z2 EMU's.

P7011192_resize.JPG.9c3d1514a8193c248df816e5c82209ea.JPG

Then a strange working crept into the goods yard from the south.

P7011195_resize.JPG.20b7a9ef6d075b1dfa37b87e7cefc10b.JPG

7380 towing Y8410.  It's the first 72XX that I've seen for nearly a year.  The driver got off and went into the station for a takeaway coffee, then drove on to the north end of the sidings where he had to wait for about an hour and a half before heading north.

P7011200_resize.JPG.5b23c11c89c7572756f2d335c176d2d4.JPG

Whilst some TGV's were calling I noticed a driver waiting at the north end of a platform and remarked to Andy that a freight was possibly going to do a crew change.  Sure enough, after the TGV's had departed this came into view.

P7011202_resize.JPG.b754d0e82ff7e6a641dc5188bec910dc.JPG

Two Colas G1206's on a train of ballast hoppers. They stopped, changed crews and were quickly away.  

Then a noise came from the south and a 754XX diesel headed past with a train of smaller military vehicles. It was too quick for me to get my camera out but I did get this snapshot of some of the train.

We packed up at 9.30 but whilst struggling to pay in the car park heard another freight come into the station.  When we got out we found another place we could see the north end of the goods yard and found 75111 running round it's train.  Not a bad evening all told.  A pity that there wasn't more freight but I got 5 new locos, 2 TGV's and 8 units to underline.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 7

Other aerial activity in the area between Ruffec and Saint Saviol includes low level jet flights and trainer propeller powered aircraft in addition to the more usual stuff. I am quite conversant with Saint Saviol incidentally as our son went to his first proper ecole there, you may not have encountered it as it is opposite the Maire which is on the road leading off the main road roundabout in the Saint Macoux direction.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Good moaning from a rather warm Charente.  Yesterday I had to go and meet some friends at Poitiers airport so went early and had a picnic lunch overlooking the station.  A very successful day as this was waiting below where I parked. The pigeons were making hay whilst the sun shines on the spilt grain on top of the hoppers.

P7211220_resize.JPG.397eb1feb490236132f4a3c349c6b879.JPG

I haven't seen a Sybic on freight this year so 26127 was a welcome cop. The train of 24 grain hoppers was getting ready to head south. 75113, another cop, had brought the train in from the south and the Sybic was probably heading down to la Rochelle for the export terminal. The shunter walked down and set the points and  the driver had got his coffee and was waiting for the off.

P7211221_resize.JPG.36e83bc44e51d21b00a7d4a59f72989e.JPG

Shortly afterwards it headed south.  Only one pantograph up, presumably as it's only single wire tramway style overhead in the sidings.

P7211222_resize.JPG.3a81f7e0a4e5809ae24bb29cff6af2bc.JPG

And then snaked it's way out of the sidings.

P7211223_resize.JPG.5d54df1e0858ce641b056bcaea9b52fc.JPG

Shortly afterwards a TGV headed in from the north.

P7211224_resize.JPG.44ed8c4604d7a60ec73560922f551d10.JPG

Not the best of vantage points for an attempt at a photo essay but still worthwhile.  2 c60XXX's came in light engine from the south, both of which I needed.  All in all a very pleasant lunch break.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 10

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

After a gap of some 6 plus weeks, I've actually managed to get out and do some more trainspotting.  Andy is in the UK so yesterday I set off to Tours, with the intention of seeing the freight activity in the early evening before it got dark.  The drive up went well and I parked near the Imateq works and walked up on the Pont Moulin, which spans the yards there, just east of Saint Pierre des Corps station.

P9071328_resize.JPG.7b9873641d0878de10bcb166bad34429.JPG

The long rows of green and white DE18's were still there.  However I was more interested in this.

P9071329_resize.JPG.a32057b2fd200cb7a0efad4bca2a7f81.JPG

A Euro 4000 looking very clean and I think in a new livery.  It was doing various test runs up and down the yard.

As I walked up the bridge I passed the Socofer works and this was outside.

P9071330_resize.JPG.8c7e41bb6ce986018ac32ce67f1d4014.JPG

I'm not sure where they are going to be employed but no's 38 and 39 were around as well. I went further along the bridge and picked up a 75105 which was on the depot and 27104 was in the next yard to the east.  However a grain train was parked just west of the bridge with what looked like a 77 on the west end. I'd never seen and 77's so crossed the road to get a better view.  I managed to catch my sandal on the edge of the kerb and headbutted the railings.  I also lost my notebook over the edge of the bridge.  I'd cut my toe and also my head so headed back to the car, cleaned myself up and then set off to get a better view of the 77.  This was it, Akiem DE 6310 aka 77504.  I then managed to ID a couple of G1206's alongside Imateq, and then decided that I better head for the hospital.

UnfortunatelyP9071331_resize.JPG.422f037bb1e0c994fc30c7c57431c8c5.JPG

En route to the hospital I also saw my first of the new Captrain Euro diesels 3975, heading into the yard from the west.  Unfortunately  I couldn't get  a photo of it.  

The hospital were very efficient and I collected 6 staples in my noggin but they kept me there under observation till dusk.   Fortunately nothing untoward showed up but I didn't see any more locos.

An interesting and different day but not wasted.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 7

3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

After a gap of some 6 plus weeks, I've actually managed to get out and do some more trainspotting.  Andy is in the UK so yesterday I set off to Tours, with the intention of seeing the freight activity in the early evening before it got dark.  The drive up went well and I parked near the Imateq works and walked up on the Pont Moulin, which spans the yards there, just east of Saint Pierre des Corps station.

P9071328_resize.JPG.f1286e0e2431711c63285de3ead76baf.JPG

The long rows of green and white DE18's were still there.  However I was more interested in this.

P9071329_resize.JPG.53ab8ec9610703365a8e12402971e13e.JPG

A Euro 4000 looking very clean and I think in a new livery.  It was doing various test runs up and down the yard.

As I walked up the bridge I passed the Socofer works and this was outside.

P9071330_resize.JPG.a5af4fef9230204e29a71c65d3fcc560.JPG

I'm not sure where they are going to be employed but no's 38 and 39 were around as well. I went further along the bridge and picked up a 75105 which was on the depot and 27104 was in the next yard to the east.  However a grain train was parked just west of the bridge with what looked like a 77 on the west end. I'd never seen and 77's so crossed the road to get a better view.  I managed to catch my sandal on the edge of the kerb and headbutted the railings.  I also lost my notebook over the edge of the bridge.  I'd cut my toe and also my head so headed back to the car, cleaned myself up and then set off to get a better view of the 77.  This was it, Akiem DE 6310 aka 77504.  I then managed to ID a couple of G1206's alongside Imateq, and then decided that I better head for the hospital.

UnfortuantelyP9071331_resize.JPG.d7c10feba1400b1243f71021029301ac.JPG

En route to the hospital I also saw my first of the new Captrain Euro diesels 3975, heading into the yard from the west.  Unfortunately  I couldn't get  a photo of it.  

The hospital were very efficient and I collected 6 staples in my noggin but they kept me there under observation till dusk.   Fortunately nothing untoward showed up but I didn't see any more locos.

An interesting and different day but not wasted.

Jamie

Shedding blood for one‘s hobby. 

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

Been checking on a regular basis if you've done anything during the summer, and I log on to find you've only gone and injured yourself.

Hope you are ok.

Sandals are the devil's invention.

I tripped on a kerb wearing some and dropped my Chinese takeaway.

Luckily the bag was plastic, so it arrived home ready mixed.

My skinned knees weren't so lucky.

Do take care.

Wear trainers.

We're none of us getting any younger.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, JeffP said:

Been checking on a regular basis if you've done anything during the summer, and I log on to find you've only gone and injured yourself.

Hope you are ok.

Sandals are the devil's invention.

I tripped on a kerb wearing some and dropped my Chinese takeaway.

Luckily the bag was plastic, so it arrived home ready mixed.

My skinned knees weren't so lucky.

Do take care.

Wear trainers.

We're none of us getting any younger.

Thanks for the concern, yes we are all getting older. I'm doing fine thanks and the two woulds seem to be hali g well.  The boss is trying to ban sandals.  More importantly I also lost my motebook with 2 years of observations in it.  I need to get to a shop and buy a new one.  I was out today with the trailer fo pick up a new small shed, and happenned to see an EMU on the track by the road.  Only a scrap of paper to scribble down 84671 M.  I suspect I will have to call into the paper shop when we go to the market tomorrow morning.

Jamie

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

I managed some trainspotting yesterday without tripping or falling.  It was the monthly meeting of our Model Railway Group and afterwards I spent an hour on Luxe station. I had arrived 10 minutes early and caught this TGV duplex heading north.

P9171336_resize.JPG.c5dbcaff7cb67e26e08b468a0b33e3ac.JPG

At 5pm this emu came south.

P9171365_resize.JPG.a8967949a23dc4582fad93985d87655d.JPG

Then the northbound signal cleared.  When the green aspect is displayed there is a route indicator for the junction to the TGV line just north of here where I have spent many happy hours.  When the yellow aspect shows the route indicator doesn't light.

P9171368_resize.JPG.de55fc25870f3c632a468567f76ecab9.JPG

I noticed this indicator which shows how much wire has been wound in to tension it.  I've never noticed these before.   The bicycle wheel arrangement is typical of the 1930's DC electrification schemes.

P9171371_resize.JPG.9c63ac2fe06926642cb4da0a1c83c633.JPG

Then just before I left the signal cleared again for a TGV that would be joining the LGV with the route shown.

P9171372_resize.JPG.9bdfdc160a6023600fa3bbe02ad03395.JPG

And one of the few remaining Atlantique sets appeared heading for Paris.

P9171373_resize.JPG.bc3db1651508cf841efc2d0dd73f06ac.JPG

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 13
  • Round of applause 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Last Thursday I had to take a load of stuff to a charity shop. Not far away is a small model shop which it would have been rude not to call out as I was nearby.  On my way home I passed St Saviol station and of course had my lunch on the platform (I'd come prepared with a cunning plan).  A pleasant sunny day but not many trains. The southbound local came in at 12.58.

P9231374.JPG.df7d2b4a9407c345901bc333e1dfd6e2.JPG

And the northbound one 20 minutes later.

P9231376.JPG.6180a368fbd73eb406fe4e881ffc0ffc.JPG

Then at 2.35 22277, a rgular on the afternoon infra working with a good load of new rail.

P9231378.JPG.fb68a2063c3a4e6173a8a4cefcf96e0b.JPG

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Another opportunity presented itself yesterday as I had to visit a couple of DIY places in Ruffec.  I seized the moment and packed some sandwiches and set off in the morning.  The shopping was done and then I spent lunchtime on the station.  The rebuilding is going on apace.

PA041380.JPG.45361ee46dd931f5566e39dfbf4adf6c.JPG

The lifts are being installed but the footbridge is open.  The platforms have been raised but the old low ones that were long enough for double TGV's are still there at either end of the raised section, though barriered off. I believe that the work is being funded by some sort of regional fund. The raised sections are long enough for 6 car units.  Whilst I was there the southbound local at 13.09 was formed of 2 by 3 car 81XXX's.

Then it was time to pick up Andy and head south to our usual spot at Juille.  The regular northbound infrastructure working came past at 14.35 with a 22302 plus a diesel 69292 on the front. Then an hour later 27039 appeared with LPG tanks and steel carriers.   The sun came out so the photo isn't very good.

My camera battery was low so I didn't waste time getting set up.

PA041381.JPG.da0c6949f720892859744f21419b15d3.JPG

Then at 16.13 a track machine appeared.

PA041382.JPG.705136c1083205d8ed96f1ff3b500295.JPG

I suspect that it's a tamper.  It was towing a bogie wagon with what looked like an accommodation module on it.

On my return home the first question was if I'd tripped, fallen or slipped.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 7
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

It's an ill wind as the saying goes.   Yesterday I had to take my good lady to Niort for a 2 hr hospital procedure.  Luckily enough the hospital is very close to the station so after safely getting her to the right clinic I headed out.  It was a warm and sunny morning and there were some trains due. About 20 minutes after I got there this TV came in from Paris, heading for La Rochelle.

PA061384.JPG.679da2cd12423eaa07ea4ff762668a29.JPG

It was on of the 800 series.   Then to my surprise it turned out to be a double and on the rear was T838 which  is one of the new bath from IIRC, 826 to 849 that have been built to allow them to retire most of the TGV Atlantiques. Here it heads south west to the seaside.  Rather appropriate as the coaches are built at Aytre just south of La Rochelle and  the power cars come over therefrom Belfort to be assembled into complete trains.

PA061385.JPG.642c3272d8516937a6df1ed40201e5e8.JPG

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Good morning from a bright but chilly Charente.   Yesterday I had to take a friend to Limoges airport.  It would have been rude not to bob into town afterwards and have a look at some trains.  Therefore I had a very pleasant hour in the sun on the bridge just north of the station.   A former colleague joined me and we natterred the hour away and also watched trains. A Sybic appeared from the north towing one of it's classmates before I had time to get my camera out, then I looked p and these two supposetoires were coming in from Ussel, which is as far as the Angouleme service goes at the moment.

PA091390_resize.JPG.1e704ad49212fc7553827afe48d662da.JPG

Another one came in from the north.

PA091391_resize.JPG.297c1a9886416cc63d8a6a8281256414.JPG

The fuelling point was full and these two 69's were there, 291 and 292. 291 had only been seen earlier in the week heading north towards Poitiers near Ruffec.PA091393_resize.JPG.d49e12bf5cc148510f68bd88ea3bab8a.JPG

The two units from the Ussel service appeared again heading to stable for the weekend.

PA091394_resize.JPG.45ddb338b02ce4d3f8f0093b21fbaeab.JPG

A 72XXX unit came south .

PA091395_resize.JPG.cfb63afeaedee3af4df2e2b924590887.JPG

And just before we left 26016 headed in with a train from Paris.

PA091396_resize.JPG.236142fad369875466296ec555ca520a.JPG

All in all a good hour.   I managed to cop, a Sybic, 26156 two by 75XXX,s on the depot, 75085 and 097,  69292, 64637 and 67517 along with several DMU's. Again all managed with no trips or falls.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 13

Interesting to see 26016, one of the very early batch I saw after delivery to Dijon Perrigny, where they underwent acceptance, still in service, while far younger locos are sitting withdrawn at Sotteville, some less than twenty years old.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, JeffP said:

Interesting to see 26016, one of the very early batch I saw after delivery to Dijon Perrigny, where they underwent acceptance, still in service, while far younger locos are sitting withdrawn at Sotteville, some less than twenty years old.

Indeed. I think SNCF has overhauled he earlier Sybics but not the later ones, which have consequently suffered badly from corrosion.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, JeffP said:

That early batch seem to be concentrated on thevpassenger services out of Austerlitz nowadays. I saw a lot at Les Aubrais two years ago. 26020  was the one hauling 156 south. I believecthat their days are numbered as I think that some new intercity EMU's are due to replace them.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

That early batch seem to be concentrated on thevpassenger services out of Austerlitz nowadays. I saw a lot at Les Aubrais two years ago. 26020  was the one hauling 156 south. I believecthat their days are numbered as I think that some new intercity EMU's are due to replace them.

Jamie

The early Sybics released from Le Havre services have been transferred south to replace 7200 and 22200 on Bordeaux-Marseille-Nice services until they too are eventually replaced by EMUs. Perhaps they’re all part of the same general pool for TET/Corail services.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 10/10/2021 at 09:17, jamie92208 said:

Good morning from a bright but chilly Charente.   Yesterday I had to take a friend to Limoges airport.  It would have been rude not to bob into town afterwards and have a look at some trains.  Therefore I had a very pleasant hour in the sun on the bridge just north of the station.   A former colleague joined me and we natterred the hour away and also watched trains. A Sybic appeared from the north towing one of it's classmates before I had time to get my camera out, then I looked p and these two supposetoires were coming in from Ussel, which is as far as the Angouleme service goes at the moment.

PA091390_resize.JPG.b85f053409b3a7cf0bf681fd7f88fda9.JPG

Another one came in from the north.

PA091391_resize.JPG.1ff8de5c430b1ef15a56c517041421d4.JPG

The fuelling point was full and these two 69's were there, 291 and 292. 291 had only been seen earlier in the week heading north towards Poitiers near Ruffec.PA091393_resize.JPG.512a3b25a673b31e11b680d3fc2aa50e.JPG

The two units from the Ussel service appeared again heading to stable for the weekend.

PA091394_resize.JPG.5e68a41a9bfd0f9a97764d61dceee0a4.JPG

A 72XXX unit came south .

PA091395_resize.JPG.393fb532981d0cadfff7367c297870fd.JPG

And just before we left 26016 headed in with a train from Paris.

PA091396_resize.JPG.3bfcbcbac445eaa976e76a0df129bb88.JPG

All in all a good hour.   I managed to cop, a Sybic, 26156 two by 75XXX,s on the depot, 75085 and 097,  69292, 64637 and 67517 along with several DMU's. Again all managed with no trips or falls.

Jamie

Thanks for these pics, and glad you have remained more injury free than in a previous episode.... One hell of a contrast from when we lived in the Creuse, about 14 years ago, and nearly all trains were still either loco hauled or used various ancient railcars. Many a happy hour spent on the ramparts at Limoges whilst SWMBO supped at the (then) delightful station bar, fending off the occasional beggar or drunk......

• Like 1
  • Agree 1