Help fitting DCC to Realtrack Class 143

andypops

Hi,

I purchased two of the Realtrack Arriva Trains Wales Class 143s (an absolute must when modelling south Wales / marches!), but I (foolishly) decided to fit the DCC myself.

The DCC 8-pin socket is in the dummy car; I have found out how to remove the bodyshell (clips each bodyside, similar to Hornby class 60), but I can't for the life of me find out how to remove the seating block!

There are 6 clips (3 each side) which are very tight, but even unfixing them (and using shivs to keep them apart!) doesn't release the base. Does anyone know if I have to unscrew the bogies to access the circuit board?

Best wishes

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

just bought a fgw and it's a stunning model but i was also struggling to work out how to fit the decoder until i read this. i know some models are a pain but i have to say this one takes the p*ss, surely it could of been designed better, does not help that the instructions are sh*t to say the least. if your not confident with taking models apart, and i mean  apart you will have no chance with these things.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/07/2015 at 19:55, charliepetty said:

You should Try asking REALTRACK Models!!!!!!   Charlie

post-3411-0-28435500-1436727339_thumb.jpg

Hi Charlie,

Would you be able to repost these pictures please?

I've just picked up a nice 2nd hand model and am wanting to fit a decoder. Will an 21 pin decoder work on an 8pin harness?

Thank you.