Modbury

Ian Smith

You have a lot of gear interfaces there in addition to driving the second axle via coupling rods. I wouldn't try any remedial work until I had the unit thoroughly run in. Toothpaste, as suggested, works quite well as a "gentleman's" grinding paste and is easy to wash off afterwards. I would be inclined to ensure that the axle bearings and coupling rod pins are well lubricated as well, my choice would be to use lock graphite puffed in.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Trewisin said:

Hi Ian, did you look at the 3D printed horse drawn vehicles by @Tricky-CRS on the road vehicles page may be some interesting time period pieces that I believe you were looking for. Nice Motorcoach will  look better in paint. Regards Ray .

Ray,

I have never strayed into the “Road vehicles” thread before, so wasn’t aware of any 3D prints of horse drawn vehicles in n gauge. Thank you for drawing my attention to it. Unfortunately I couldn’t seem to find any details of tricky-crs’s wares anywhere apart from a couple of posts on said thread. These seem to be showing screen shots of 3D models rather than actual physical models, and I couldn’t find a web presence either so have no real what is available or at what cost.

Ian

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ian Smith said:

Ray,

I have never strayed into the “Road vehicles” thread before, so wasn’t aware of any 3D prints of horse drawn vehicles in n gauge. Thank you for drawing my attention to it. Unfortunately I couldn’t seem to find any details of tricky-crs’s wares anywhere apart from a couple of posts on said thread. These seem to be showing screen shots of 3D models rather than actual physical models, and I couldn’t find a web presence either so have no real what is available or at what cost.

Ian

Hi Ian

This is a new range I am working on and will be available hopeful in the Autumn, waiting on a few things before I get masters printed and cast. I will post in the "Road Vehicle" thread and update my Facebook page when the models are ready and how to get them. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Seriously nice work, Ian.

Had to admit to a slight double-take, though: when I saw the 0-4-0 power unit without outside cylinders and motion, I briefly though you might have changed tack to model the LNWR!

• Funny 3

I don't know whether this will help you at all, but if you look down this page you will see my overhead photo of the roof of railmotor 93.

http://www.gwr.org.uk/liveriescoach1912.html

NB. The top of the chimney has been removed here to allow movement over Network Rail from Didcot.

Edited by Nick Gough
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 31/08/2021 at 22:53, Regularity said:

One thing the attracts modellers to the GWR is, of course, the lack of outside valve gear… 

I beg to differ....

unnamed.jpg.ef78d0b32fb244353d01ce54f9d807a6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Ian , just a thought have you tried fuse wire for your reins ,should you still have any about ? remembering thar the new fuse boxes are resetable most people have thrown theirs out .(mine went in the junk box may be of use later).

I like your horse and cart it will give your station yard something else . Regards Ray.

• 2 weeks later...

Modbury will be attending its first exhibition in almost 2 years this weekend at the Uckfield Model Railway Exhibition.

Really looking forward to the weekend!  For Edwardian GWR fans, Dave Stone will also be there with Sherton  Abbas, and for 2FS fans, John Greenwood will be there with Wadebridge and Padstow too.

Ian

Edited by Ian Smith
  • Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Argos said:

Hope all goes well Ian. Uckfield always looks like a great show. Unfortunately just too far for us northerners to travel to! Very jealous. 

I live in the Midlands, and to be honest I think long and hard about going anywhere near London, let alone anywhere the other side of it!  I’m 60 years old and this will be the first time I will set foot in Sussex :D

Going North, East, West or South West I haven’t got a problem with :rolleyes:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ian Smith said:

Modbury will be attending its first exhibition in almost 2 years this weekend at the Uckfield Model Railway Exhibition.

3BD52153-6BAF-4E4A-9B79-69232A5D2A5A.jpeg.82fd656480e576e7d7df6cd0fa63e534.jpeg

Really looking forward to the weekend!  For Edwardian GWR fans, Dave Stone will also be there with Sherton  Abbas, and for 2FS fans, John Greenwood will be there with Wadebridge and Padstow too.

Ian

I'm looking forward to seeing "Modbury", 'in the flesh',  for the first time.

• Like 1