Posted (edited)

As Para Handy would say, 'It's chust sublime!'.

Jim

Edited by Caley Jim
typo
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Donw said:

Superb piece of work Ian.  Will she be on goods trains or pasenger duties?

Don

Don,

I expect a little of both. At exhibitions I tend to run my Metro with the 4 wheeled coaches, 1854 class on goods, and the Buffalo on both goods and 6wheeled coaches.  I’m trying to build a train of clerestory bogie coaches that will eventually go behind a Duke, if that train gets completed before the Duke (more than likely) then it will be Dean Goods hauled until then. When I play with my train set at home I run anything with anything - one of the reasons for having removable/moveable headlamps :rolleyes: (although I often don’t bother putting the lamps on, in fact I think the last time was for a photo session for the Association’s Headcodes booklet!

Ian

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ian Smith said:

For me she is a bit of a milestone.  Partly because she is my first tender engine, but mainly because before I gave up trying to model in 2mm scale in the late 80's early 90's I had tried to build a Dean Goods (albeit in 1930's guise), but had failed because I couldn't get the chassis to run.

Thanks for looking

Ian

Thats exquisite Ian, they really are pretty locos. It seems an awfully long time ago I first met you at a show, with Highbury I think, and you said you were thinking of giving 2mm another go. 

Jerry

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, queensquare said:

Thats exquisite Ian, they really are pretty locos. It seems an awfully long time ago I first met you at a show, with Highbury I think, and you said you were thinking of giving 2mm another go. 

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you.  I think that of all the pre-grouping engines and liveries, for me William Dean's were something rather special!

It was Leamington in 2012 I think that we first met when you and Kim were exhibiting Highbury.  Indeed, I hold YOU fully responsible for getting me back into 2mm scale modelling :D.  Over the last 7 or 8 years I hope that I have managed to "get my eye in" for 2mm Finescale modelling.  While I think I've managed to improve my modelling over that period, I also hope that I've managed a fairly consistent level of modelling such that my early stuff stands up reasonably well to my later offerings.  I've certainly achieved far more than I really expected over that time, having built 4 locos, 9 coaches, a little over 30 wagons and a whole layout to run them all on!

Ian

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Running very sweetly there, Ian.

All the best for the house move.

Jim

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

And all that without a driver. Is it Google or Uber, and where are all the sensors? :P

• Funny 1

Superb testament to your skills Ian, very pleased to have followed you build and finally see her running well on Modbury.

I thought it was hard enough ( but nevertheless enjoyable ) to make mine in 7mm but you have proved it is certainly possible in the smaller scale.

I trust your move goes as smoothly.

G

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

A pleasure to watch Ian. 

Don

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

That Dean's Goods is stunning Ian and a pleasure to watch. Very nicely done sir!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1