BR(W) etched reporting number frames (4mm)

About 5 years ago, I bought some etched steel frames that came complete with a magnet to be fixed inside the smokebox and a set of numbers/letters. I didn't use them all but can't for the life of me find the packet. I probably put it somewhere safe. Any ideas on where I might have bought these on line?

I do believe that frames are marketed under the label 'Smiths by W & T Manufacturing' - at least that is what is says on my packets of lamp irons and speed restriction signs.  These are etched brass.  I am puzzled because you are remembering magnetic steel.  I am not sure that steel is so readily etched?

Regards

Ray

I do believe that frames are marketed under the label 'Smiths by W & T Manufacturing' - at least that is what is says on my packets of lamp irons and speed restriction signs.  These are etched brass.  I am puzzled because you are remembering magnetic steel.  I am not sure that steel is so readily etched?

Regards

Ray

Definitely steel, to attract them to the magnet. Not Smiths but thank you.

Etched brass ones are available from Malcolm Mitchell. He sells them on ebay from time to time.

I need steel ones because with a magnet in the smokebox they are easy to change over. Thanks anyway.

Archived